Re: MUST REFRESH TO GET VOICEMAIL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting voicemail notifications is important, MANDIREISS. I have had this happen to me in the past with a new device and this is what you need to do. Please dial *86 and follow the prompts to turn your voice mail notifications on. Once this step is complete you will receive all your voicemails and voicemail notifications.

As for blocking calls, we do have a free service where you can block calls. Here is how to access it. http://vz.to/2dQXAmZ This will completely block the call from your phone. It is a bit more powerful than your device’s blocking capabilities.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not quite sure which prompts to choose for notifications when I dial *86.  I went through all the options, and nothing about notifications...

The blocking through the website is very handy, and has stopped a lot of unnecessary business.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MANDIRESS  We understand how important it is for you to manage your voice mail settings. The settings vary based on location. After you dial *86 and send, select option number 4 for changing Personal Options. Depending on your location, most states will have an option for Notification settings. Tell us what happens after you select option #4 and listen to all of the options.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MANDIREISS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Press 2 for Administrative Options

Press 3 to Record a Greeting

Press 4 for Pager Notifications

Press * to Exit

I tried pressing 4, and it said no pager listed to account, which is correct...just hit it because it was the only one that said anything about notifications.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be under the Administrative options too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DCK2007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi MANDIREISS. I had the same issue and found a solution for it. What you will need to do is to go into SETTINGS then into APPS or APPLICATIONS, then look for your voicemail app. Click on the app to get to the setting options.  Now click "force stop" then right after click "delete data". Once you did that restart your phone. Once it's back up start your voicemail  app and follow the directions. That fixed it for me. I tried *86 before but that didn't work. Hope that helps you.

Good luck