MTP USB Device Failure
BillH11103

When I first got my S4 and connected it to my computer to transfer files, it worked like a charm. Now, I continually get the following error:

MTP USB.JPG

I've tried on two different computers and get the same error.

I've tried three different USB cables (all Samsung) and get the same error.

I've tried changing from MTP to PTP connection and I still can't see the files on the phone.

The Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant loaded fine and sees the phone when it's connected.

I downloaded Kies and have tried connecting via USB cable and nothing happens. It just says "Connecting" for hours on end.

When I tried to connect via WiFi, nothing happened, either. I input the code on the phone on the computer, and nothing.

What gives? How can I easily transfer videos from my computer to my phone? It shouldn't be this difficult!

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: MTP USB Device Failure
Klue
Master - Level 1

have you tried pulling your sd card from the phone and installing it to the computer to read it? If that doesn't work then you might have a corrupt card.

0 Likes
BillH11103

As I have already loaded music onto the 64GB card from the computer, and the phone sees the card and can play the music, I don’t think the SD card is the issue.

The phone always registers to the computer as a CD drive as an installer, not as a USB device.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Before initiating a USB connection with the phone you must disable the Bluetooth feature, and or USB debugging feature.  (From the user manual)

Also you said you used three different cables, all Samsung, are any of them the one that came with the phone?

Try putting a different card in the phone, lower capacity, format the card in the phone, and see if the computer recognizes it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It looks like you've tried quite a few steps to resolve this issue and we want to make sure that you're able to connect to your computer. Please re-install the USB driver to your computer http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SCH-I545ZKAVZW.

Let me know if this helps.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes