Re: MMS broken again, Galaxy S8+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheCheat54, Having your media messages freeze is never a delightful experience. We certainly want to get to the bottom your messaging concern.  Does this occur on Wi-Fi only? Do you have your settings set to Sync Over Wi-Fi Only (open messaging + application, tap three lines in upper left corner, tap setting, [info towards the bottom of section])?

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Willtd144
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been having the same exact issues its a verizon issue with android devices. I have tried it on multiple devices from Samsung, Lg, Google pixel devices and all have same issue. MMS will stop working then all of a sudden it starts working again. Typically after I put it on airplane mode and do a restart.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This does not sound right at all Willtd144. I am sure we will get this resolved. I have sent you a private message so we can work on this.

AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheCheat54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on WiFi almost 100% of the time, so even if messages were set to only sync on WiFi (they aren't), I shouldn't be experiencing 15-minute pauses in MMS service.

If the issue exists across multiple devices and multiple Android versions (even a newer version that apparently left an older version's fix out), it is clearly a problem with the provider's approved versions.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to have a consistent data experience when using your messaging service TheCheat54. Does this problem happen while using the internet on the device or only impacting your MMS? Are either of the apps being used updated to the latest version?

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
MrM1862
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue for the past 18 months or so.  Use Textra,  and called Verizon Support.  The Tech hardly understood what I was talking about ...  but in the end blamed Textra and said I should use Messages+.  Well that did not work either.  Same problem with Messages+.   Get into multiply MMS messages and the service Locks Up (as described here over and over).  Switching apps does not help.  Rebooting does not help.   Turning wifi off/on does not help.  Restarting Data does not help.

This thread is explaining the problem/issue perfectly.  It remains to be seen if Verizon will actually do anything about it.  Up to this point the answer seems to be NO.

Android version 7.1.1.

This is really frustrating and has me looking for a new provider.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, let's get to the bottom of the messaging issue that you are experiencing once and for all because we certainly don't want to lose you. Does the issue occur with individual and/or group messages?  I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

Ayani_VZW

0 Likes
dlocher
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue on my Galaxy S9+.  MMS messages are constantly freezing.  It happens both on WiFi and mobile data.  I've used multiple different texting platforms.  All updates are installed.

PLEASE help me solve this issue.  I've spent hours trying to resolve this, and am tearing my hair out!

0 Likes
MrM1862
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does the issue occur with individual and/or group messages?  I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

The issue occurs ONLY in MMS group messages.  When the system locks-up ALL MMS messages and picture messages are effected and rendered useless.

MrM1862
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please Note.  I have spent several months trying to research this issue on the Web.  This is the first forum or discussion that I have found that exactly describes what is going on and what is happening when MMS messages are failing.  The descriptions by users in this thread is the exact explanation of the problem.