MMS/Photo downloading
amis67

I have the Samsung Galaxy 4G and cannot send or receive MMS/ Pics from other Verizon Accts..It says that its downloading,but never finishes.HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: MMS/Photo downloading
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your cellular data on?  Picture texts won't send/receive over wi-fi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets show those picture messages who's boss, amis67!

You mention happening with other VZW subscribers, is it all or just a select few? Are you able to send picture messages like normal? I recommend ensuring you are connected to our data network, then have one of them send another picture to you to see if you can download. Any picture message that has been on "Downloading" for 5 days or longer will not be available. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
StacyandPhillip

I can say that I am disappointed in the NEW OUTSTANDING Samsung Galaxy S4 that everyone was ranting and raving about.  I never had an issue sending MMS on my Droid 4, never had to turn my wi-fi off.  This is crap as I don't have all day to sit around and turn it on or off every time I want to send something.  This issue needs to be fixed.  As much money as this phone cost there shouldn't be issues like this.

0 Likes
StacyandPhillip

Turn your Wi-fi off and it will send.  Don't ask me why we have to do this but we do.  Sounds like crap to me since I didn't have to do it with my Droid 4.  Maybe I made a mistake getting this phone.

0 Likes
joat90066

yikes.  this is so simple.  it worked instantly.  Thank you tikibar1.  (is that the disney tiki bar?).  I just spent an hour on chat with samsung and they couldn't figure anything out.  I'm so pleased I signed on here. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.  If you have both wi-fi and cellular data turned on, the phone should switch seamlessly but often doesn't ... you may have to also turn off wi-fi to get the picture texts to send/receive.

0 Likes
shelbell

having the same issue. cannot respond to MMS messages and can't send them. it goes and goes until i get a fail message. the wifi is off. very frustrating. glad it's not just me........

0 Likes