Low incoming call volume - Galaxy S5
Ather01

Within the last 2 weeks after a system update on (2/28), I have recently experienced an almost mute incoming call volume when speaking with a caller. I have to put it on speaker phone. Everything worked fine until after a recent software update seems like.

I have tried the following:

Turned up the System sound

Set Personalized call sound both On and Off.

Powered On/Off

Network Reset - call with Verizon support

Cleared Cache - call with Verizon support

Reset to factory settings - call with Verizon support

Tried to do an OS level refresh but powering on the phone by holding the volume level up and power button to get a menu to select a clear cache option but was not able to get to the options list. It just went straight to the Verizon red screen.

Still no luck.

First call with Verizon said they would send me a replacement phone which I never received and was not told I would not get it.

2nd call, to support and was transferred to Tier 2. Support rep wanted me to backup all my files, photos, video onto the cloud or my computer but I did not want to do all that. A person should not have to wipe their whole phone clean to troubleshoot. That's just lame.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this without having to remove every file from my phone?

Thanks,

Ather

0 Likes
Re: Low incoming call volume - Galaxy S5
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

First try a normal reset of the phone and if no results then clearing the cache and doing a "Reset of settings".  DO NOT perform a Full Factory DATA Reset. I have seen this work in most cases but not all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ather1, ensuring your phone's ringer functions properly is key to a a great experience. (Especially when it is an important feature for calls.) We are here to assist further. GalaxyClass offered a great tip. Did this help out? Please let us know if you are in need of additional assistance. Just in case, I have sent you a Follow request to allow for a DM if needed.

Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ather01

Thanks for the response GalaxyClass. I did try a Reset Settings as part of the troubleshooting with the support rep but did not work.

Verizon Support, what is a DM?

Thanks,

Ather

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A DM is a Direct Message, a secure 'behind the scenes' form of communication here on the forum.

How To: Direct Message

0 Likes
Ather01

Hi, just following up to see if there are any suggestions on how to fix this or steps to move forward. Still having the issue.

Thanks,

Ather

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my cell daily and we want you to be able to hear yours. I sent you a Private Message so we can resolve this for you.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes