Re: Low Signal, Texts Not Sending, Dropped Calls After KitKat Update
nuwk3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is your hardware revision number under about phone?

0 Likes
nuwk3r
Enthusiast - Level 2

JonathanK, are you aware that Verizon is dropping T1 lines in some of their cell tower facilities and using microwaving instead because it is cheaper???  Maybe this is causing a bandwidth bottleneck in areas causing the failures???

0 Likes
Ang0108
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problems...and they have replaced the phone and still the same issues.  It is past the point of ridiculous.   I have been with Verizon Wireless for years but I am so irritated with the poor service and this crappy phone which for the record people are having problems with this phone on all the other carriers too.   

0 Likes
Jen1201

I too am having these same exact issues and with NO HELP from Verizon.  I JUST purchased my S4 in September and it began dropping calls (I could not place calls or receive incoming calls).  After many visits to the local store, I finally reached Tier 2 (whatever that means) to receive what I thought would be help.  I could answer the same questions many of you already tried.  YES, I attempted to power on/off.  YES, I did a factory reset MULTIPLE times.  YES, I switched SIM cards.  Etc., etc.  I called and spoke with someone who told me I had two options:  BUY a new phone (but, didn't I just do that in Sept???) OR have them send me a "refurbished" S4 (and by refurbished, they mean someone else's past problem) and I was reassured that a refurbished phone is "better than new."  I received that "new" phone 2 weeks ago and guess what is happening again?  Yep. Dropped calls.  My first big mistake was getting rid of my iPhone.  Second mistake?  Trusting that Verizon would come through and provide TOP RATED customer service.  I have been a Verizon customer nearly all of my adult life.  I definitely will be looking elsewhere in the future.  MAJOR disappointment.

0 Likes