Losing cell, 4g, and gps signal
uzntools

Ok so everytime I for example, send a text, I completely lose signal, it tells me SIM access required or something like that, then the signal comes back, and I have to resend the text. Or my phone will show the 4g symbol, then when I open an app, I will lose cell and 4g signal and I have to wait for it to come back. It happens no matter where I am without fail. Its like everytime I try to use it, it has to reset itself, which is horribly inconvenient. Also my GPS is always off. If I am driving down the road, it will show that I'm in the river beside me or something. I've had to start using the step-by-step list. It seems like it has to be something wrong on Verizon's part, not my phones. Do I just need a new SIM card? This has been going on for months now.

0 Likes
Re: Losing cell, 4g, and gps signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi uzntools!

I want you to have a great experience with your phone, and be problem-free! Let's try some troubleshooting to see if we can find a resolution for you. Is this happening on a regular basis or is it intermittent? Do you notice if it's happening in a specific area, or is it all over?Please remove the SIM card and the battery from the phone for about 60 seconds. Then reattach, and power on. Keep me posted on the results.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Losing cell, 4g, and gps signal
DieAnn
Contributor - Level 1

hi.  you might think this sounds crazy, but feel free to google this as I've found this repeatedly in various android forums.  a simple fix for bad gps signal and whatnot is to tighten the screws inside the back of your phone.  Don't tighten them too tight, but just check each one and tighten it a little.  it could be that easy.

0 Likes