Lollipop
azchck
Enthusiast - Level 1

The lollipop update destroyed my S5, it is completely useless. Here are some of the fun things I've been experiencing since the update:

Contacts crashing

Photos won't save to the sd card

Freezing apps / Unbelievably slow

Scalding Phone after 2 minutes of use - continues to get hotter and hotter, cool down mode doesn't come on

Battery life approx 90 mins with minimal use

Verizon Wireless Banner in the notification bar

Not getting notifications for texts/snaps/etc

Won't work if WiFi and 4G are on, has to be one or the other

Did a soft reset, finally broke down and did a hard reset. Worthless... 

Thanks, VZ for pushing a faulty update.

Re: Lollipop
bearone21
Legend

sd card could be bad

too many apps updating continually

see above

can't eliminate it

poor wi-fi area

0 Likes
southern_pisces
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, this is a Samsung issue, not Verizon's fault. Samsung pushed out an update too soon I believe. I say Samsung's fault because Verizon didn't tell me to update, my Samsung phone did.

Nonetheless, I feel your pain. Since the Lollipop update my phone is horrible. I used to brag about how great this phone was....now all I do is complain about Samsung rushing out an update that did the opposite.

Everything that I have researched so far tells me that we have to sit tight and wait for the patch/update to Lollipop to come out and fix all of the "bugs" that we are having.

I've wiped my cache twice and it did initially seem to help but not for long. I've done one factory reset with the same result.

For the record, my issues are similar:

1) Crashes and resets to the Verizon screen on it's own and freezes until I pull the battery.

2) Constant error messages about one app or another not working (contacts is the most prevalent).

3) Battery consumption is outrageous.

4) Network connection has gotten worse and connecting via WIFI seems to be worse than the network.

5) When I touch an icon to open it, the phone will freeze (and I have to pull the battery out again).

6) Can be in the middle of using phone (internet, app, phone call) and the phone will crash.

7) Texts that don't arrive until a day and a half later...

😎 I've only had the hot issue twice, but my phone didn't feel hot. (never had the issue before the update).

As of 6 a.m. this morning, in a 5 hour time frame, I have had to remove my battery to soft reset my phone 7 times already.

Here's hoping that enough complaints get them moving on this update!

Llaurra01
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have a Galaxy S4 and i too LOVED my phone... BEFORE LOLLIPOP.  NOW, this is a nightmare.   DO NOT DISTURB does NOT work.  Calls not on my contact list are still coming through. The camera is supposed to be on my lock screen... it isn't.   my text notificaions that are supposed to show up when the phone is locked doesn't.. well i take that back, it DOES but with the changes in Lollipop, i get email, weather, all kinds of crap... i JUST want to see my texts like i did prior to this week.   My battery drains SUPER fast.. it was good before.    I don't see ANY benefit at all to this upgrade.  I'm disappointed my once awesome phone is now nothing but aggravation!  

0 Likes
Jonathan_Kleinbart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate to say it but a proper fix for battery drainage is a hard reset.  It worked like a charm on my phone.  Yes it's a pain in the ass as you have to reinstall all your apps, but you will be much happier afterward.

0 Likes
jbburd

I have had the same awful issues..

Phone lags/freezes constantly

Apps will close suddenly

Battery life cut in half

Wi-fi can't stay connected

Group messages are received 15+ minutes late

Little white squares appear on the lock screen where numbers should be..

I almost threw my phone in the ocean on vacation last week.

0 Likes
smoovnerd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel for you, we have not had all of those issues, but the one we are having (at least being reported) is the issue with the battery draining incredibly fast.  Our users, 10 and counting, have lack luster battery performance after updating to Lollipop 5.0.  We kept putting it off as we knew that they would have this issue, but alas, the update wouldn't let us postpone anymore and HAD to update.  Now all of the phones that went to Lollipop have this issue.  We NEED an update to correct this issue, or at least the option to go back to 4.4.4.  We already tried the hard reset with no prevail.  Please Verizon and Samsung, work together in fixing this issue.  And at least, acknowledge that this is an issue.

0 Likes