Re: Lollipop update???
B33
Legend

We'll see this Crying 2when the problems come about

42h6Fh62h
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no love for Verizon. But chill dude.
The bleeding edge is called that for a reason. The world just migrated off an O.S. that was rather static for 15 years. This expectation of a "major" release every 6 months is just crazy.
In the old days, when we skipped entire generations of upgrades, I would ask a client 2 questions. 1. What does it do that you can't do now? 2. Do you really need to do that enough to deal with what comes with even the smoothest of upgrades/enhancements. And "prettier" didn't translate to nearly as many dollars as it does today.

0 Likes
Mth11

@42h6Fh62h Read my post dude, I don't upgrade because these problems are pattern over the last 15 years. Service has degraded (customer in particular) equipment is too complicated for most staff. At least the over seas call centers could fix the problem even if you couldn't understand them.

0 Likes
42h6Fh62h
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Mth11 Don't know what yer smokin' Mth11. But pass it this way.

There IS no post from you in this thread. So reading it proves difficult. Second, I've been involved with Cellular from both the user and supplier side since the first 150 cities went live in the early 80's. People who bitch and complain that things "used to be" better, are children with no point of reference. And, as for your claim that over seas call centers "fix" things better, is just silly to anyone with experience.

Like I said, Verizonwireless leaves PLENTY to complain about; as do ALL cellular, broadband and TV carriers. But, to say service has degraded, while citing an nonexistent post is nothing but pointless noise.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
Mth11

Well apparently it was another network outage issue that caused my post to not upload.

In basic I was stating that Verizon used to come to me, even cellular one who Verizon bought. They would meet me anywhere, at a job site, my office or even my home. And bring me full working operational phone that didn't require a crap load of updates. Now I sit 1 to 2 hours in a store and still walk out with a broken phone and have to wait for refurb to be shipped. SERVICE HAS DEGRADED!!!

You are fool if you think service has gotten any better. Even the cost has gone thru the roof with little improved service. I used to hook my phone to my laptop a surf the web with no problem. FOR FREE!!!! IT was part of the plan there was no bandwidth limits.

If you don't understand its all about increasing profit, I understand why you worked for these thieves. Trust me I am glad the call centers are no longer over seas, all I was stating is that every time I call in I am told I need a new phone. Nothing gets fixed anymore its all about a trade in. I don't need more than half the crap I am forced to get on my phone and I have no way to remove it.

The bottom line, is that the basic functionality doesn't work seamlessly as it should after this many years of technology growth. Carriers add more and more crap and bloat apps and they can't even get the basics working. My S5  worked fine for one day. Till lollipop installed then crap, phone went to hell. What does Verizon want, to send me a refurb of course. Maybe the positions pay well. they ought to with what I pay for service and have for years.

Your reference to children with no point of reference is an excellent indicator that you nothing but a fool.

Somewhere someone will get smart and offer the ideal service without all the crap and they will get my business.

0 Likes