Lollipop update errors
puzzler995

Even since the Lollipop update, there have been several problems with my phone that I haven't been able to fix. First, the proximity sensor no longer works when on phone calls. This is upsetting, as my face often accidentally hangs up the call. Second, screen rotation no longer works. I was able to fix the extreme lag by resetting the phone, but these two haven't been fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop update errors
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you say reset, you mean a factory reset correct? Do you have a screen protector on; is it new or always been installed? How have you tried to remedy the screen rotation issue?

0 Likes
puzzler995

Yup. I did a complete factory reset. I have a glass screen protector on my phone, however I had it before 5.0, and the proximity sensor worked fine then. I haven't tried much with the screen rotation, just messed with the settings slightly.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

My s5 also seems more sensitive when I use it now; doesn't seem to recognize I am using it and leaves it lit up, but when I want to hang up it thinks my face is still there. I'm waiting for the update for the update and just dealing for now; I personally like to use the earbuds that have the mic, just pop one in and I can slip the phone in my pocket and not have to worry about the screen issues.

There is a screen rotate tool that you can put in the drop down menu, have you tried using that to turn it on and off? Even turn it off, restart your phone, turn it on and restart one more time? It's like a Nintendo, those weird things that shouldn't work sometimes do.

0 Likes
puzzler995

That's that the toggle I usually use. I can live without the screen rotation, but the phone thing annoys me. Especially when the screen gets really really warm on my face.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That is the worst! I feel that my face shouldn't not be sweaty after a phone call either. Unfortunately it's just kind of the nature of the beast. You could try and find out if the sensor has it's own app, or go through and delete cache and data for your phone and that may help both issues.

0 Likes