Lollipop Notifications are TERRIBLE. How do I roll back?
akacali
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the record my Lollipop update went flawless and no real problems to report yet however I am less than 24 hours into playing with the new OS.  My problem isn't a flaw in the update but rather a flaw in the minds of the engineers behind the update.  The way Lollipop handles lock screen notifications is absolutely terrible.  No longer can you quickly glance at the bar on top of the screen to see if you have a new message (email or text) while your screen is locked.  No, instead some genius thought it would be better to put the 'Verizon Wireless' words in the notification area instead.  Now lock screen notifications show up as ugly huge banners right in the middle of the screen and it only shows the most recent notifications or the ones you have set to priority.  This change alone makes me want to throw my phone off the Golden Gate bridge. 

Stupid, stupid, stuuuuupid change on the way Lollipop handles notifications.  The only real way to see all notifications on the bar on top of the screen is to unlock your device.......EVERY single time.  On top of that BBM has a notification that is on the lock screen 24/7, even if you don't have a new message.

Please don't waste your time instructing me on how to change the notification priorities for certain apps or how to hide sensitive data.  You can help me by telling me how to roll this phone back to my previous Kitkat OS.

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop Notifications are TERRIBLE. How do I roll back?
pjwalter
Enthusiast - Level 3

All your notifications are still on the lockscreen! From the lockscreen, when you see the "cards" with 2 or 3 of the most recent notifications, put your finger on one of the cards, pull down, then let go.  It will "expand" and you will see all the current notifications.

0 Likes
akacali
Enthusiast - Level 1

That still does not help my case. Great, you can see more than a

couple cards at a time but it's still a far cry from satisfying me and

many others I have chatted with.

I want to press the home button and quickly glance at the phone and

see the icon in the top notification bar while locked.....just as

before. The method you describe is having me hold and pull just to

check if a notification is present. This is now more work on the end

user and a complete step backwards on efficiency.

Until Lollipop gets its act together regarding notifications I want

nothing to do with it.

embalmiwill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I completely agree.  This update is crap.   I loved my phone up until 1am this morning.  I want that quick glance notification back also. I am so ready to throw this phone across the room. 

0 Likes
Re: Lollipop Notifications are TERRIBLE.  How do I roll back?
Snn5
Legend

There is no rollback unfortunately.

0 Likes