Re: Lollipocalypse S5 Autoresponding "I'm driving now" to inappropriate contacts
Joshua_gbsn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can answer for me.

This all started after the update.  I use the Samsung factory app and have disabled Verizon's messenger app altogether and it still responds and sends the texts to people that are not texting me at all.

0 Likes
Re: Lollipocalypse S5 Autoresponding "I'm driving now" to inappropriate contacts
mama23dogs
Legend

Love the title....sorry it's so appropriate.   Keep updating!

0 Likes
Rio-305
Enthusiast - Level 2

My issue got the issue partially corrected. I contacted verizonwireless and they connected with Samsung. The auto reply issue is auto activated with new update. Samsung is working wit carriers and car manufacturers so issue can be resolved in the next update patch. But the speed and batter life issue was resolved over the phone by clearing out caches that might have still remained from previous versions. My speed is back to a phenomenal level and battery is incredibly working beyond expectations. As far as the auto reply. I'd have to wait.

Rio-305
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was happening with all messages while bluetooth is on. Driving or not.

0 Likes
Rio-305
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and restarting the phone. No need to do a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for clarifying Joshua. After the update, did you install all your third party apps back to your device? Can you try running your phone on safe mode and test the text messages. To learn how to run your phone on safe mode click, http://vz.to/1Fa63p0 Keep us updated.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes