Lock Screen Icons - Marshmallow
hac82
Enthusiast - Level 2

After loading Marshmallow, I lost the icons on the lock screen.  Even if I go into settings to select which apps I want as my left icon and my right icon, I cannot get my icons to display.  WHY?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lock Screen Icons - Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hac82, I useshortcuts myself, so I know how important it is to get these working. Since this does not function while the device is in safe mode, we would recommend the reset all settings on the device from Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings back to default and retest.
DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

No lock-screen icons at all?

After installing Marshmallow I have phone and camera shortcut icons on my lock screen -- without doing anything to put them there.

0 Likes
hac82
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only icon I get on the lock screen is the lock icon if I turn on one of the security options (like the PIN entry).  Other than that, all I have on the screen is "Swipe screen to unlock". There are no other icons on the lock screen on the right or the left.  Even when I go to the Settings option to change the apps that will run in each position, those icons never show up either.  I have talked with a Verizon rep and we even tried to restart in Safe Mode and the icons did not show then either.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hac82, I useshortcuts myself, so I know how important it is to get these working. Since this does not function while the device is in safe mode, we would recommend the reset all settings on the device from Settings > Backup and reset > Reset settings back to default and retest.
DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hac82
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are telling me that the only way to resolve this is to reset ALL of my settings that I have taken months to create.  Exactly which settings does this affect?  If I have to take an equal time to get back to where I am now, this does not sound like a viable option.  I do not understand why options like this are so quick to be suggested.  This is frustrating.  Please advise further.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hac82, I can understand your concern related to the step given to help resolve your issue. Let me assure you of the suggestion given is a great place to start. The resetting of the network refreshes your connection settings and will be recreated as time goes on. This step should try to isolate the problem while helping to resolve the it. Please try it, test and get back to us with the results.
EdW_VZW

0 Likes
hac82
Enthusiast - Level 2

By going to "Backup and reset" -> "Reset settings", I got the Icons back on my lock screen.  I think this is now solved even though I need to reset many of my settings.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's a change Samsung has done with their UI. There are only 2 icons and that's it. S7 and S7 edge for example are the same way. All 6.0 or higher will be that way.

0 Likes
hac82
Enthusiast - Level 2

A friend of mine loaded Marshmallow on his S6 and had no issues with the lock screen icons.  Mine never showed up from the first start-up of "M".  This reset actually brought back the Phone and Camera icons and I needed to swap the phone for the Voice Search.  What I do not understand is that when I contacted Verizon and Samsung on-line chats, they both originally told me that there was no way to put icons on the lock screen even though all "M" publications said they are there and can be configured.  That was the biggest issue I needed to get though to finally get a solution.  I could not trust anything I was being told after that without extensive research on my part and a final confirmation chat with another Verizon agent.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Those are standard but they assumed you wanted more icon than just those which were on previous versions where you could have up to 5 or 6 icons. So when you say "add" icons we see you want more than the original 2 icons.

0 Likes