Latest OS update causing intermittent no signal
reeneejune

Since my phone prompted me to update the OS about a week ago, I've noticed that at times I'm getting no signal at all in areas where I should have excellent coverage.  For example, I've always had excellent signal (4G with 4 bars) at my workplace, now randomly I have nothing at all, not even 1X.  Restarting the phone seems to correct the problem in the short term, but it always comes back.  It's happened at least once a day for the last week, at different times of day and in different locations (at work, at home, and on my college campus).  If I'm on a wifi network I can still get texts, sometimes, but not always.

0 Likes
Re: Latest OS update causing intermittent no signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

reeneejune, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Have you powered your device off/on since retreiving the update? Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to it?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tricks_forfree

Yes that Is 100% correct and the service has been like that for the past two years, and has not improved. I was asking for a plan that compensates me for the lousy service.

0 Likes
reeneejune

Verizon Wireless Customer Support Yes, I've powered the device off/on at least 5 times since the update.  Yes, I do have apps downloaded, but no new apps (i.e. the phone was functioning fine after the last app added over a month ago, updated about a week ago, and then the problem begins).  All of my apps are from well known developers, used by tens of thousands of other users, so it's not an app related problem.

0 Likes
patelk05

I am having the same issue since the update. I am not getting signal at home until I restart the phone. And when my phone loses signal and certain areas the only way to get a signal again is to restarting the phone. It is very annoying.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your preferred network settings, ensure that it is set to LTE/CDMA and not Global (mine has reset to Global after updates and I've found that doesn't work and my network connection/signal is much worse than if its set to LTE/CDMA)

You may also want to remove your SIM card and then reinsert it to establish a fresh connection to the network.  If that fails, a New SIM card may help.  They are free at a Verizon corporate store, or through customer service.

0 Likes