LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH RECENT UPDATE
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

1 UI is slow and stutters. Not smooth like it used to.

2 Camera crashes repeatedly upon opening and front camera never works.

3 Phone gets HOT anytime on 4g/3g.

4 Have to tap twice on everything all the time now: once for focus and again to get it to go.

5 Battery doesn't last all day now. Dead by 3pm every day. Used to last two days easily.

6 Apps don't respond sometimes. The UI will show that I am tapping/touching/dragging but the app events don't fire. The camera and email apps are good examples: have to force close and reopen the app to get it to respond.

None of the above were issues before the most recent update.

Anyone fixing these problems?

0 Likes
Re: LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH RECENT UPDATE
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh and the weird "camer no longer saves to Camera folder" problem already reported in the forum.

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bump ...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

devedsmith, no worries, I have a few fixes for the issues that you have described. It sounds like the software update may be conflicting with the software of applications that you've previously downloaded to your device. Try deleting unwanted applications from your phone in Settings>Manage Applications>tap the App>Tap Uninstall. Once you've deleted a few apps, I also recommend that you delete unwanted calls, text messaging threads and then power your phone off/on. I trust that this will improve the performance of your phone. Keep us posted. We're here for you.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

How bout let's just day that the new update to 4.1.2 is complete JUNK, and Verizon needs to get on the ball and correct it. I have noticed many quirks on my phone that I did not have before.  I'm tired of Verizon reps blowing smoke up ev1's behind tellin us to remove this, change that , reset this, blah blah...same ol same ol I used to get from Sprint...is that the standard fix in troubleshooting 101 for all carriers?   I came Back (yes back) to Verizon cuz of those issues at Sprint.  The update sucks, Period..everything worked just FINE before the update...Everything.  Now you are saying we have to remove this and reinstall that....cuz the update is conflicted?  Pfffttt.  Verizon needs to get this corrected. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly understand your viewpoint MySIII. Software is definitely suppose to enhance your phone and not hinder it. Your right, our customers should not have to worry each time an update is released. I'm sorry you are having so many issues with your phone. Our suggestion to uninstall and remove apps is just to give the new update a chance to make your phone better. This works the same for apps and functionalities that were not put on your phone when released. Now that your phone is working differently other functionalities have an opportunity to work or become better. We also suggest a factory reset after large updates. Please ensure your phone information and contacts are backed up. Here are the steps http://tiny.cc/7unvuw . Please let me know if the above information helps.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

I truly understand your viewpoint MySIII. Software is definitely suppose to enhance your phone and not hinder it. Your right, our customers should not have to worry each time an update is released. I'm sorry you are having so many issues with your phone. Our suggestion to uninstall and remove apps is just to give the new update a chance to make your phone better. This works the same for apps and functionalities that were not put on your phone when released. Now that your phone is working differently other functionalities have an opportunity to work or become better. We also suggest a factory reset after large updates. Please ensure your phone information and contacts are backed up. Here are the steps http://tiny.cc/7unvuw . Please let me know if the above information helps.

KinquanaH_VZW

All I hear is Blah blah blah..First of all, I am not gonna do a factory reset, (and I know all about backing up everything).  And so now you are saying that every time we get an update, we have to factory reset or uninstall all of our app and reinstall??  That is utterly ridiculous...

This Issue is NOT an app issues or a factory reset issue. Are you no reading me , or any other threads or posts about this?   The update was a keyboard and camera update, so take you VZW clout and let the people that need to know, that this update sucks and they need to FIX IT...Period. No factory resets, no app uninstall and reinstalls..This is a Samsung keyboard issue (and for some reason battery draining)  The Samsung stock keyboard is not app related.  .None of those suggestions work.. OK.  Just fix the update.  So no, the above info does not help. Thanks tho.

Bill50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same keyboard issues since the update. My GS3 is so slow bringing up the keyboard and sometimes it doesn't recognize that you are swyping. My phone operated so much faster before the update. Doing a factory reset is not the answer...Hey Verizon, fix this problem!!! I want my fast GS3 back!

0 Likes
CoolGeorge
Enthusiast - Level 2

When a device works worse after an OS software update than it did before the update, then the update was a failure.  The people who coded and tested the software totally failed to do their job and the release should never have been made.  To pass the buck off to the third party app writers is also a total abdication of responsibility.  All the "Play Store" apps are theoretically proven to play nicely with the operating system.  A soft reset should be all that is required to resolve any conflicts/residual garbage left over between  an app and the OS.  A software reset should also validate and reload all settings that have been entered to the OS.  Any thing else that requires a hard reset is just plain shoddy programming that is failing to deal with and trap error conditions.  Since Verizon is the company that has contracted with me to provide me with a phone that works "as advertised" then Verizon must bear the responsibility to fix it regardless of who is to blame(Android, Samsung, or Verizon).  We as users did not contract to accept bugs that make our devices work worse than they did when we purchased them. 

l, as a user have spent hundreds of hours of my time customizing and adding features(apps) to my device to get it to work like I want it to.  All of this was done within the bounds of the contract I signed.  Don't ask me to reset/redo all this unless you are going to guarantee that it is going to work.

COME ON VERIZON.  Step up to the plate and admit that you screwed up.  Acknowledge that this update was a disaster and either give us a speedy time table for fixing it or find us a way to revert to a "pre-update" state without having to do a factory reset. 

MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

CoolGeorge wrote:

When a device works worse after an OS software update than it did before the update, then the update was a failure.  The people who coded and tested the software totally failed to do their job and the release should never have been made.  To pass the buck off to the third party app writers is also a total abdication of responsibility.  All the "Play Store" apps are theoretically proven to play nicely with the operating system.  A soft reset should be all that is required to resolve any conflicts/residual garbage left over between  an app and the OS.  A software reset should also validate and reload all settings that have been entered to the OS.  Any thing else that requires a hard reset is just plain shoddy programming that is failing to deal with and trap error conditions.  Since Verizon is the company that has contracted with me to provide me with a phone that works "as advertised" then Verizon must bear the responsibility to fix it regardless of who is to blame(Android, Samsung, or Verizon).  We as users did not contract to accept bugs that make our devices work worse than they did when we purchased them. 

l, as a user have spent hundreds of hours of my time customizing and adding features(apps) to my device to get it to work like I want it to.  All of this was done within the bounds of the contract I signed.  Don't ask me to reset/redo all this unless you are going to guarantee that it is going to work.

COME ON VERIZON.  Step up to the plate and admit that you screwed up.  Acknowledge that this update was a disaster and either give us a speedy time table for fixing it or find us a way to revert to a "pre-update" state without having to do a factory reset. 

+1    Exactly!!!