Re: LED light no longer flashes when I receive a text after Nougat upgrade
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You don't pay extra for an indicator light. It's a feature of the phone. Second in order to see the light the phone would hav to be on or near you ANYWAY. Contact LG and make them aware it's not working. It's their phone.

0 Likes
deandrarose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have recently had same issue. I dont carry my phone continually & have hearing issues, i relied upon the blinking light. Has anyone found a fix ?

0 Likes
EDM80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using whatever message app comes standard on my phone. I had been

asked to do 2 updates since getting my phone, but I don't believe they had

anything to do with text messages other than to strip my phone of the LED

light. I have seen many complaints about this issue, dating back months,

so how has a fix not been found yet? If this can't be resolved then I

intend to return my phone for a brand new one and will NOT perform any

updates when prompted. The whole reason I picked this particular model was

because it has an indicator light whereas many other phones do not. Please

give me up an update on when a fix will be available. Thank you.

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 10:25 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Your phone is used so it will be replaced (if it needs relaxing) with a refurbished device. Have you performed a factory data reset yet? You can also send your phone directly to Samsung for a fix and in the meantime reactivate an older phone or forward your cell calls to another number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that we are on the same page so we can best address this issue, EDM80. As far as what application you are using for messaging, can you describe what it looks like? For example is it red or yellow? I rely upon the notifications as well and want to do everything possible to have the device functioning as intended. Looking forward to hearing back.

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EDM80
Enthusiast - Level 2

The application icon is red with the white message bubble on it.

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 9:30 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you are able to get your notifications. Is your vibration setting working on your phone? Does the sound work on a headset?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
deandrarose
Enthusiast - Level 2

My vibration setting works & i dont use headphone. What in the heck does that have with the led light no longer working on verizon messages?

0 Likes
deandrarose
Enthusiast - Level 2

The individual that said this earlier was spot on. The light works if the contact has has been given a star, friends list i guess? I just spent an extremely long time going thru my many contacts, trying to decide if each was worthy or not. That's alot of [Removed] actually the 2nd lot of [Removed], i have had to deal with for this very expensive phone. To ask for a light back shouldnt be that hard. Just thought I'd let anyone know that hadn't figured it out yet

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deandrarose,

We're glad to hear the vibration is working. Are your notifications for other apps also not showing a LED notification, or is it just Message +?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes