LED Notification lights don't work after Lollipop update - S5
DougMtnView

Is there a 'real' fix yet for this?  You make everyone to download your untested update and then force everyone to spend time on these forums trying to get help.

I have tried every suggestion out there and yet still doesn't work.  Looks like people have been asking about this problem for the last few months and yet still no official fix?

Come on Verizon and Samsung.  Stop with the games.  Bout to drop this POS and go the Apple/ATT route.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LED Notification lights don't work after Lollipop update - S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DougMtnView,

Doing software updates on our phones are suppose to help them run better. I know, though, that is not always the case. Each device can respond differently to an update sent out. You did mention you already spoke to Samsung and they recommended the factory reset. I would have to agree with them. The reset can help with any glitches that may come across after a software update.

Doing the reset can be scary, but there are so many ways to make ensure your device is backed up so you do not lose anything. The best app to do this would be our Verizon Cloud app: http://vz.to/1cQ9M2W  You have a choice what you want backed up. After you know everything on the device is saved you can do the reset: http://vz.to/1EFPHSD

Keep us posted if you notice a different with your device afterwards.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn you are experiencing problems with your LED notifications, DougMtnView. We don't want to lose you. What problems do you experience with the LED lights?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DougMtnView

Thank you for the reply.  I have been round and round with Samsung's tech support and they haven't been able to help after several suggestions.  They wanted me to do a full factory re-set which would cause me to lose all my data.  That's not an acceptable answer to a problem they caused with their Lollipop update.

As soon as I downloaded the update, none of the LED notification lights worked any longer which means I am forced to look at my phone every so often to make sure I am not missing something.  Very annoying.

Would be great if you could help but my sense tells me that all of your suggestions will be the same as theirs unfortunately.

Regards

Doug

>> Personal information and e-mail reply headers removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DougMtnView,

Doing software updates on our phones are suppose to help them run better. I know, though, that is not always the case. Each device can respond differently to an update sent out. You did mention you already spoke to Samsung and they recommended the factory reset. I would have to agree with them. The reset can help with any glitches that may come across after a software update.

Doing the reset can be scary, but there are so many ways to make ensure your device is backed up so you do not lose anything. The best app to do this would be our Verizon Cloud app: http://vz.to/1cQ9M2W  You have a choice what you want backed up. After you know everything on the device is saved you can do the reset: http://vz.to/1EFPHSD

Keep us posted if you notice a different with your device afterwards.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
DougMtnView

That's all good and well and I appreciate the personal response but at the same time, I wasn't given the choice to download the update, it installed itself automatically on my phone after several 'ask me laters'.  I wish that wouldn't have happened because my phone was working fine before.

Thanks

Doug

>> Personal information and e-mail reply headers removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes