Keep phone on
OscarNelsen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

S5.  I have to enter a password to turn my phone on from standby mode.  Is there a way I can keep the phone on without removing the password requirement, e.g. if it's charging, don't go into standby ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Keep phone on
Klue
Master - Level 1

I have a S7 and in developers options under settings there is a selection called "stay awake" where the screen will never sleep while charging.

View solution in original post

Klue
Master - Level 1

I have a S7 and in developers options under settings there is a selection called "stay awake" where the screen will never sleep while charging.

Klue
Master - Level 1

To get to your developers options if its not listed under settings:

Go to the settings menu on your GS5.
Scroll down to the "System section and tap "About Device."
Now scroll down to "Build number."
Tap the "Build number" section seven times. ...
Now back out to the main settings menu, and you'll see "Developer options" listed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are a few ways to keep your device's screen on longer before it goes into standby, OscarNelsen1. If you go to Settings, then Display, you will see options for Screen timeout and Smart Stay. Screen timeout is the amount of time that the screen will stay on before it turns off automatically. You can set that up to 10 minutes. The other option, Smart Stay works when you're using your phone. It will keep the screen by tracking your eyes. If you stay looking at the screen, it will not turn off. Keep in mind that this only works when using the device as the device needs to see your eyes with the front camera. Let us know if this information is helpful.

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
OscarNelsen1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I apologize for not responding quicker.  I guess when the 1 was added to the end of my name, my thread options also were changed.   

Adding Developer Options was the means to the end.   Thanks for adding those instructions. Big fan.

0 Likes