Keep getting a recording
MM20

Hi Everyone:

My husband and I just got new Samsung S5's.  We are both having trouble making calls.  It doesn't matter what number you dial, if you dial from you contacts, your recent calls, or manually dial a number; you get a Verizon recording that the "number has been disconnected or is no longer in service if you feel you have reached this recording in error, hang up and dial again".  It generally takes re-dialing 4-6 times before connecting.  Spent time with Tech Support last week, reset phones, dialed #832 and #232, and all the other stuff they recommend.  Worked for a short time, then started again.  Can this have something to do with our limited service (zip code 69028)?  We have the extender, which works OK, but still only have 1-2 bars on 4G, but they switch back and forth to 3G or 1x.  Very hard to understand, since we can see a new cell tower from our house.  Went round and round with Verizon last summer (had S3's then) about the horrible service, did trouble tickets and everything.  Nothing was resolved.  Ended up buying the extender ($250).  Still don't understand why Verizon doesn't foot the bill for them, we are paying for service we don't get.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Keep getting a recording
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phones MM20! Upgrading  should be exciting, we don't want this to take away from that. Let's work on getting your phones up and running.  When you activated the phones, did you receive the prompt indicating the activation was successful? I looked into the area and I do see you are in an extended 4G LTE network so the phones would have needed to activate within Verizon Wireless 4G LTE to ensure activation was completely successful. Were you advised of this when you called? Are you able to receive calls?

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That cell tower you see might not be a Verizon tower and it might not be one that is shared with them; Extended Network. 1 to 2 bars of 4G should work just fine for phone calls, text, browser etc. Has anyone had you go into a Verizon Corporate store and get new SIM cards? Have you removed them and then reinserted them? Have you checked your Network settings and/or reset them?

0 Likes
MM20

Thanks for responding MiiHere.  No no one has suggested or recommended going into a Verizon Corporate store, nor has anyone said anything about the SIM cards.  Our network modes are set on LTE/CDMA.  We changed them to this setting from Global.  Should we go ahead and remove and reinsert the SIM cards that are now in the phones?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would give it a try, it won't hurt them, just be cautious with handling the SIM cards and avoid the gold bits. I would use Global; did they suggest to switch them to LTE/CDMA?

B33
Legend

I agree with the above, As add suggestion handle the Card with care as the contacts on Sim Cards are very sensitive to the oils and static electricity that runs in our fingers

0 Likes