KOT49H.I545VRUFNG6 Update Problems
ALB123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had the  KOT49H.I545VRUFNG6 update pushed to my device last night.  I installed it and it went through no problem.  Since then my battery has been draining very quickly.  I literally took the phone of my charger 80 minutes ago and my device is now at 84% without ANY usage.  I've received a couple of emails, but no texts, no phone calls and no web browsing.

Even more bothersome is the intermittent freezing of my phone.  Example:  I will wake my phone by pressing the power button and I slide up to unlock the device.  That's fine.  But then I will tap an icon and nothing will happen.  I try to scroll either left or right, to go to another page of icons and the screen doesn't respond.  The ONLY way I have been able to fix this is to press the power button quickly to put the device back to sleep and then press it again quickly to resume usage.  Only then will I be able to launch an app or change home pages of icons by scrolling left or right.

Also, I've noticed twice since installing the upgrade that my device will just randomly reboot.  My phone is just sitting there with the screen off and all of a sudden I see the Samsung logo come to life, then the big red Verizon screen and then my home screen will appear.

This update has been absolutely terrible thus far.  I can even live with the reboots and the screen freezes, but this insane battery drainage needs to be resolved immediately.  I can't have my phone tethered to the charging cable all day long.  Since starting this message, my battery is now down to 82%.

Help!!

Re: KOT49H.I545VRUFNG6 Update Problems
krugs525
Enthusiast - Level 1

I uninstalled skype and that solved the battery issues.  I still have the hourly random reboots though.

PrTBrownT
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue with constant (more than twice an hour) reboots. It's becoming annoying.

jackth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also having issues with random reboots a general slowness after updating....

Unholy79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, haven't noticed the battery draining but the random soft reboots to the Verizon screen and the home screen freezing are a royal pain in the ... on my Galaxy S4.

member0
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too!

Home Screen Lockup:

It seems that the home screen locks up occasionally when it comes out of sleep mode (power button or home button). The lock screen works (I can swipe and unlock), but then the home screen won't respond to taps or swipes. The menu and back 'soft' buttons do work, as does the pull down status bar. I can get it to work again by pressing and holding the home button until the task/app list comes up. Then pressing the home button again takes me back to the home screen ... which is then responsive.

Reboot:

My S4 now reboots 2-3 times a day for no apparent reason.

Other:

I didn't explicitly accept this update. I pulled my S4 out of my front pocket and it was showing a message like "Powering Off" (or some such thing), and then it powered back up and said it was updated :-(. May have be an inadvertent 'pocket' update --- or maybe it was forced by Verizon!?!? I really don't think they need to nag you about the update -- just pisses me off!

jackth
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I disabled reading mode (I don't recall ever enabling it) and did not have any problems for half a day. Tonight I tried re-enabling reading mode and had a reboot within 20 minutes. Could be something else going on but worth a try. I'll play with it some more.

Does everyone else in this thread have reading mode enabled? It's in the quick settings.

PrTBrownT
Enthusiast - Level 3

No. I dont have any smart modes or gestures enabled. Most of my Samsung

stuff is disabled, by choice. Didnt have any problems prior to the update.

Phone is slow and keeps rebooting.

member0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't have 'Reading mode' enabled either.

PrTBrownT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ditto!!