KNOX... Where are you?
npw2k6

I just got the new update, and I understand it was going to include Samsung KNOX.  I can see it in the running programs, but that's it!  From what I understand, you should be able to separate and secure contacts and stuff. Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Likes
Re: KNOX... Where are you?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to love all the amazing capabilities of your Galaxy S IV npw2k6! Are you referring to a specific app? Have you searched the play store? What tasks are you trying to accomplish?

Jonathan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Richs10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I read that KNOX (which was included on the last update) was a new security suite for the S4.  As a VZW rep, I thought you might be familiar with it.  I can find no icons for it anywhere, but as the OP stated, it shows up in the list of apps running on the phone.  I'm curious too.

0 Likes
boxermansr
Contributor - Level 1

This https://www.samsung.com/global/business/mobile/solution/security/samsung-knox is what its supposed to do. It's supposed to have come with the latest firmware update for the Galaxy S4. There are components of it, it seems, present when you view the application manager in settings, but there is no apparent trace of it as an actual usable application/utility. This is something that many businesses I'm sure would prefer employees have on their devices.

More information also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Knox.

And I find it odd that as others stated, as a Verizon employee you'd have no knowledge of this, but then again I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, 3 calls 19 different answers.

0 Likes
npw2k6

Thanks for your reply. I am looking for the actual app.  It isn't in the play store, and as others have mentioned, it is in the list of installed apps.  I am looking for the ability to have full separation of work and personal data.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if this Knox app doesn't come into play until you encrypt the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
npw2k6

Good thinking! I will give that a try.

0 Likes
npw2k6

UPDATE: I tried to get it to work by encrypting the device and it didn't work.

0 Likes
KNOX... Where are you?
npw2k6

I think we are on our own (unless Verizon would like to help....).  I spent about an hour chatting with a rep at samsung, and he kept insisting that KNOX is the default device security standard.  He also told me that it was not an ACTUAL app, just features.... He stood by this even when I showed him the page on Samsungs site that showed different info.  I also found a YouTube video put out by the company that helped Samsung with it.  In that video, guess what? Knox is an app.  here is the link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiKqtq8IhfA

0 Likes
LaFletch

Anyone has an update on this. I was wondering the same thing. Also not surprised that no one from Verizon support has responded to this thread in a while. I need this functionality as our MDM solution is not deploying specific Knox policies to the device.

0 Likes