Issues sending text messsges
JOSMUS3

After the latest update was applied to my Samsung Galaxy S7, I will sporadically get the "com.android.process has unfortunately stopped" error when I go to send a text message. This error messsge has occurred using other apps but the Message + app in particular is crashing VERY often.

When I go to send a message, the error message will appear. The message will stay in the "Sending" state for longer than 5-10 minutes, then fail. After reading every forum telling me to clear my cache, I have done that and it did not work. After I went and cleared the Message + app cache in particular, 4 messages sent and it will be fine for an hour or two. Then the same issue comes back

Clearly there seems to be a theme with the cache method breaking apps, phone system and many other things. Please do not tell me to do a factory reset until it's proven it works. I am not taking the risk of losing data and then have the app still crash.

Is this something that Samsung has addressed in the past? Can Verizon help facilitate in fixing the error?

0 Likes
Re: Issues sending text messsges
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified that the applications are updated?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are supposed to enhance your phone function, JOSMUS3. I'm sorry this is happening, and I'm eager to get this resolved so your phone works better.

We're not going to ask you to do a Factory Reset just yet. Can you please tell me exactly when you updated the software, as well as the current software version? Also, please power the phone OFF for two minutes, then back ON, to see if you notice an improvement.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
JOSMUS3

March 30th. G930VVRU4BQA4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know what troubleshooting can be like JOSMUS3. Thanks for going through it with us. We are showing that an update came out on April 27th so you will want to be sure and download and install that update. Here is a link that will help: http://vz.to/2nfzciP

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

message+ was problematic years ago, a switch to the default messaging resolved all issues.

0 Likes