Issues following latest update
FADEDMASTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a lot of issues with my phone following the latest update. I have S7 Edge.

My phone number is displayed in the settings as 000-000-0000.

Advanced calling is no longer shown in the settings.

Even before the update I have been unable to use talk and data at the same time (I had no issues with this using my Droid Turbo 2).

I have tried a complete data/cache factory wipe with recovery disabled and that hasn't fixed it. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Issues following latest update
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you do this from backup and reset or before the phone booted up? What do you mean by recovery disabled?

0 Likes
FADEDMASTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did it in recovery mode. And I disabled the automatic app and data recovery in the settings. I disabled automatic restore in the backup and reset settings before doing a cache and data wipe in recovery mode.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

OK looks like everything they tell you to do you did. did you make a backup of your phone before the update? (smart switch)

0 Likes
FADEDMASTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

No backup. I was under the impression that you couldn't roll back updates anyway. Otherwise I have photos and contacts backed up.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried going here ................  Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Support Troubleshooting | Verizon Wireless  and try the online tool

0 Likes
FADEDMASTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wasn't helpful. Haha. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a visit to a store, or try calling when they're open.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Didn't mean to roll it back because your right you can't go back.It is just really weird about your number not showing up .As far as the backup I do a complete backup of my entire phone including the settings .Just wondering if you took the sim card out and put it back in if that would help

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Good luck with it then and If you could let us know what it was

0 Likes
FADEDMASTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried reseating the SIM. If I had to guess, I'd say you're probably onto something there--probably a bad SIM card.