Is there any way to stop blocked calls from ringing?
dreamsister4ever

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I have been using the "Block Calls" feature on my phone. But the calls are STILL ringing through. I thought that this feature stopped the calls from ringing and sent them directly to voicemail. I am frustrated because these stupid calls ring while I am at work, but it is a requirement that I have to have my cell phone on. I have been using the Do Not Disturb feature but sometimes there are calls I actually need to take, but are not on my favorites list. Which is how my Do Not Disturb feature has been customized. Please help. I am at my wits end right now.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any way to stop blocked calls from ringing?
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate you giving this feature a try, dreamsister4ever. There have been some changes to the call blocking setting in the recent updates so I want to be sure you’re heading into the right steps. When you open the Phone app, select Settings > More > Settings > Call blocking > Block List. Do you have the specific callers blocked using the ten-digit number that normally appears on the Caller ID? Is it specific callers or non-contacts that keep coming through?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to stop blocked calls from ringing?
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate you giving this feature a try, dreamsister4ever. There have been some changes to the call blocking setting in the recent updates so I want to be sure you’re heading into the right steps. When you open the Phone app, select Settings > More > Settings > Call blocking > Block List. Do you have the specific callers blocked using the ten-digit number that normally appears on the Caller ID? Is it specific callers or non-contacts that keep coming through?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes