Is there a way to have a different sounds for my text message and my email alerts?
minnieb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't tell if I have received an email or text.

Is there anyway to have a different sound notification for my text from my emails?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5, Is there any way to have a different sound for my text message and my emails?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can set separate notification tones via the Settings menu in each app.  There also may be an option within the Sound and Notification > Ringtones and Sounds settings like there is an on S6.

View solution in original post

Re: Galaxy S5, Is there any way to have a different sound for my text message and my emails?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, you can set separate notification tones via the Settings menu in each app.  There also may be an option within the Sound and Notification > Ringtones and Sounds settings like there is an on S6.

minnieb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much. I haven't been getting my text as soon as they come in cause I think that I got another email.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dang, I hate typos  .   That last sentence should have said:  There also may be an option within the Sound and Notification > Ringtones and Sounds settings like there is on an S6.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome. I also like having separate notification tones for texts and e-mails, along with a few contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s make sure you can customize your message and email options to your needs, minnieb2. Typically each application can be adjusted within its own settings. If using Gmail press Menu>Settings>Click account name>Inbox Sound & Vibrate>Sound. You can also adjsut the text settings within the Messaging app through its Settings. Please keep me updated with the progress as I am happy to help further if needed.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
minnieb2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much. I will do that right now.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy to help such an awesome customer! Please feel free to reach out if you need any additional support.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes