Is there a 'trash can' I need to clear on a smartphone?
firsttimer
Enthusiast - Level 3

This being my first "smartphone" and only having it for about a week, I was wondering when you delete something, is there a "trash can" that needs emptied or purged like the recycle bin on a computer?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Perhaps this is a dumb question...but
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day firsttimer! Welcome to the Smartphone era! Once you delete pictures and videos or any other media, they are gone from your phone and not taking space from your phone's memory. I recommend registering to one of our FREE Smartphone workshops http://bit.ly/oc2kd5 to master your new phone pronto!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

bearone21
Legend

it depends what you delete, some are in the trashcan in email, others gone forever.

0 Likes
firsttimer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was wondering about things like pictures from "playing" with the camera and songs I transferred over while setting up my bluetooth. Stuff that was just to learn new operations. So those files are gone and no need to do anything else to keep from using storage space on "junk"?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day firsttimer! Welcome to the Smartphone era! Once you delete pictures and videos or any other media, they are gone from your phone and not taking space from your phone's memory. I recommend registering to one of our FREE Smartphone workshops http://bit.ly/oc2kd5 to master your new phone pronto!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

firsttimer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well thank you for the reply. I plan on signing up for a workshop ASAP. Customer service advised going to a store to see when one is available.

0 Likes