Is there a fix for the Galaxy S8 sd card connection issue?
Kit7754

When I first got the phone, files transferred to the card fine. When I later try to access the files, the phone says they are corrupted. I've visited the Samsung support site where reports of an update may or may not have fixed the issue. There were 59 pages in the forum of people through different carriers having this issue. I feel I've ruled out that it was the card itself as it works just fine with several other devices. I've also formatted the card with the S8. Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
Re: Is there a fix for the Galaxy S8 sd card connection issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having your SD card access. I know how important it is to save the information on your phone. With regards to the device do you have the latest software version installed on your phone?

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kit7754

Yes, I do have everything up-to-date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's never pleasant to see a message that your SD card files may be corrupted, Kit7754. Let's keep looking for the solution here. Please restart your device in Safe Mode, using these steps: http://spr.ly/65818U5ov If the error no longer happens, then you know one or more of your apps is causing the error message. Keep us posted.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kit7754

I tried following your link and got an error page. Please see attachment link error.jpg.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for that, Kit7754. Here is a working link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211218/.

Verizon_Customer_Support

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kit7754

The link still didn't work...this is the address in the irl box after the page loads and I receive the error :  https://community.verizonwireless.com/external-link.jspa?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.verizonwireless.com%2Fsupport%2Fknowledge-base-211218%2F

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is indeed strange to hear that the link still isn’t working, Kit7754, as it does work on our end. Never fear, we’ll get you those steps right away. To power your phone into safe mode, please follow these steps;

1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the "Reboot to Safe Mode" prompt appears then release.

3. Tap Safe Mode.

Note The restart process may take up to 45 seconds to complete.

Note Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.

To exit safe mode, simply restart the device.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your  question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response.  This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance  for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RJFELLA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried everything in this post, and the SD card is still not accessible (even in safe mode).  I have the latest installed versions of everything and I tested the card on my laptop and I was able to view its content without any issues.  What else can be done to solve this issue?

Jallis
Contributor - Level 1

I have had problem with SD cards in the past. First is it a Samsung card? If it is is it a real Samsung cardor a knock off. Cheap knock offs usually don't work even in other brands. Make sure it is the real thing.

0 Likes