Re: Is anyone having problems with their phone since this newest Galaxy update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carlisle50,

We are certainly happy to see that you were able to reach out to Samsung for answers. Please let us know if you need anything. We are always happy to help in any way we can.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kaabte82,

We do apologize that you have had to endure such a situation. I assure you that our technicians are working diligently with Samsung to find a suitable fix to the update. Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime. We are always happy to help.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARLISLE50 -

I certainly apologize that you're still having issues. While we do work with manufacturer on updates so we can ensure compatibility with Verizon specific apps, the update is pushed out by the manufacturer once they finalize it. Since the updates come from the manufacturer we are unable to reverse the update.

I recommend trying a Factory data reset on the device after you have backed it up. http://vz.to/2p7jP9d

We appreciate all of your feedback and don't want this to be a continued issue for you. Please keep us posted on the results of the factory reset.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CARLISLE50
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I was able to speak with them, but they had no answers. Is Verizon communicating with Samsung at all about these issues? Some how this needs to be remedied and I am losing my patience after 17 plus years with Verizon. So far there have been no remedies for any of it...just additional problems and we are paying Verizon, not Samsung for the phones.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Hi Carlisle50 I see from another post that you did not do the factory reset which maybe a good thing because that is a last resort kinda of thing to do. Did you try to clear the cache partition from the recovery mode that will clear out all the old files that are left in the phone.Their could be files left in there from marshmallow which could be conflicting with nougat. The clearing of the cache will not do anything to your phone settings. Hope you get your phone back soon. If you do do the factory reset make sure you have a backup from smart switch or Kies so at least you don't lose everything on your phone

Don't know if you have been in the recovery mode before but thought I would just add this

Volume up-power-home use volume button to go down to clear cache partition and tap the power button then use volume down to say yes and power button again and that will do it

CARLISLE50
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done all of the other things you mentioned except for the factory re-set; recovery mode, safe mode, cleared all caches...nothing has helped. But thank you for the suggestions.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eszarek07,

That definitely doesn't sound like great battery life at all. We want to make sure you can count on your phone to get you through the day like you need it to. How long on average does the phone last for you? How long have you had this phone?

AndrewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARLISIE50 -

I was able to review your previous messages and it sounds like you're having issues with the software after an update. I apologize for my oversight. I definitely understand where you are coming from. I pay a lot for my phones and expect them to work as well.

We have limited access to troubleshooting software related issues as the phone is manufactured by Samsung. Patches for the software do have to be released by Samsung as we do not have the ability to do so.

It sounds like Samsung is aware already, but I understand the frustration involved with it still being an issue. I can certainly send additional feedback, as we never want this experience for our customers.

From time to time, a software update can cause a malfunction in the phone programming causing it to act up. In instances like this, we recommend backing up and doing a full factory data reset. This will repair any malfunctions. Alternatively, you can try running the software repair client: http://vz.to/2pQ1cZo

EricaC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BluMN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! Too many to post. Ringtones vanished, contacts are now listed three and four times each, typing is randomly duplicated and more. Why do they bother with "upgrades" when it only causes more problems? I attempt to type a text or email and phone will take 3-4 words and duplicate them on the screen up to 10 times. I spend more time deleting than typing! I'm sure it will be the usual...an app I installed...lol. seems to be the standard reply, regardless of actual cause. Cannot WAIT to go back to my Sprint account! I still have it and was so much more user friendly than Verizon. Regret switching. Have to pay for phone in "no contract" program. What's the difference? I cannot pay off the phone in less than 2 years anyway...lol. Hindsight, right?

0 Likes
quallab

Yes, my edge panel did not work at all

0 Likes