Is anyone else dissatisfied with the new lollipop upgrade?
hellome503
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm frustrated with the lollipop change to silence (mute) phone procedure!  And also frustrated that I can't find any DETAILED description of the upgrade changes to my phone and how to access/use them.  Anyone else?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is anyone else dissatisfied with the new lollipop upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
hellome503, I am sorry for any inconveniences you may be going through with this most recent update, but we're happy to help any way we can. We definitely do have some information in regards to the update available on our website and you can see that here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/. However, for more detailed information you may also be able to reach out to the manufacturer. We definitely want to make sure your device is operating smoothly and happy to help troubleshoot, so let us know if we can help.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
hellome503, I am sorry for any inconveniences you may be going through with this most recent update, but we're happy to help any way we can. We definitely do have some information in regards to the update available on our website and you can see that here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/. However, for more detailed information you may also be able to reach out to the manufacturer. We definitely want to make sure your device is operating smoothly and happy to help troubleshoot, so let us know if we can help.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
crispy7051
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am incredibly upset with the lollipop and kitkat upgrade. I had a brand new S5 I bought in February. When the first time I upgraded it the phone started to have issues. It was only 2 months old. It would lock up continuously, overheat, delay or not even send out my text messages until the phone was hard reset or rebooted. I even did a factory reset on the phone and the problems still existed. My contacts would throw an error as well and need to be shut down.

I went to the my local Verizon store and told them my issues with the phone after the upgrade. All they were able to do was send me out a refurbished replacement phone while the phone is under warranty. I think that if the phone needs to be replaced that at least you should receive a new phone instead of a refurbished one. Especially seeing that I had absolutely no problem with the original phone until i updated it with lollipop and kitkat. the old phone was never dropped or damaged in any way. it even had a life proof case on it!

I currently have a "new" refurbished phone from Verizon. and it came with the original OS on it. I have refused the updates now for 2 weeks. and it seems as if the phone is acting up a little bit after every time I refuse to update it. But it still is nothing like how the other phone acted after the update!

bearone21
Legend

only an insurance claim will get you a new one, refurbed.....had been someone else's problems.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Same here, lollipop is the biggest joke around for S5's

I had a new S5, Then it got lollipop and was completely unusable. (Yes, we did all the factory resets in the world)

They replaced a barely used S5 with a refurbished.

Refurbished updated to lollipop.

Same issues. No battery, no wifi stability, no bluetooth stability, no stability period.

Verizon's response......"um, wait a few days"

Don't upgrade, it's not worth the hassle.

And it is a hassle.

Verizon Customer Service on this issue is a joke.

jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

A lot of people are upset about the "upgrade" to lollipop.  My note 4 has less functionality, very limited customization and significantly reduced battery life.

ajamy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in the same boat. I use to love my note 4. Not anymore

0 Likes
Not applicable

Works totally awesome on my G2. No issues.

0 Likes
pinkzx14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also completely disappointed in the lack of functionality on my phone since the update. I had to do the factory reset, which has made my battery life seem incredible! However, I have to disregard the message that is on my phone 24/7 now wanting me to update the software. Annoying.

darocker1980
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll agree, the change to how you mute or set your phone to vibrate is annoying. Being able to access this from the power button was MUCH more convenient. Also, the amount of unnecessary white-space in the contacts and favorites areas is ridiculous.

0 Likes