Is Verizon implementing 10.00 off on all plans? Saw this on Facebook.
lisa7gizmo

I saw on Facebook  where Forbes posted that Verizon was discounting all plans by 10.00.    If this legit?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is Verizon implementing 10.00 off on all plans? Saw this on Facebook.
bearone21
Legend

yes they are & the best part is all plans have unlimited phone calls.

Verizon Cuts Most Data Plan Costs by $10 Per Month | Re/code

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

More Everything plans, not single line loyalty.  Edge also I believe.  NOT all plans.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not so much a "discount" as a restructuring of the data tiers and promo discounts for the MORE Everything plans.  More tiers, and a reduction of $10 on existing ones.  So you can keep the same data bucket, and pay less.  Or keep your bill the same, and get an increase of a GB. 

Either way, it's not automatic - you need to go online to your account and change the plan, OR call CS and ask for the change.  I've been on the phone with customer service quite a bit the past couple of days (for an unrelated issue), and all the reps, without fail, brought up the new pricing and offered to set it up for me.  I did change my plan with one of the reps, and so will be saving $10 beginning my next bill.

ljersey
Contributor - Level 1

apparently not all plans are less I have the 10gb with 2 lines for 160.  it is now $100 for 10 gb data.  and $40 for each smartphone so my plan went up $20.00 not down

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, YOUR plan did not change. If you were on the plan with 2 lines and 10 GB of data BEFORE the price change then you STILL have the same plan at the same price unless YOU have gone in changed your plan. Verizon will not change the plan you have, you have to do so.

I was also on the 10 GB plan for $80 prior to the price change. I am STILL on that plan. That was a "promotional" plan over the Christmas holidays, but you will keep that plan UNLESS you make a change to it.

bearone21
Legend

yes they are & the best part is all plans have unlimited phone calls.

Verizon Cuts Most Data Plan Costs by $10 Per Month | Re/code

0 Likes
ljersey
Contributor - Level 1

the plan was changed in Thanksgiving.  we used to have 1 phone unlimited data for $10 other phone had 6gb for $10 due to discount we had with out talk and text plan when we upgraded phone with unlimited data they changed our plan to the more everything with 10 gb share data bill went up $30 dollars from what we had before.

Truthseeker1now_

If you ever have a old plan that gives you unlimited data never change your plan, once you change plans you lose the old plan. Sorry but you should have kept your unlimited data plan, you can still get upgrades you just have to go about it different.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

sorry pal but that's bogus info.

paying for unlim data on an old plan is more expensive & has less min than what's in this new offering from verizon.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Not necessarily. For some, it would be better to keep the old plan. For others it would be better to switch to a new plan.

The statement that someone should "never change your plan" if you have unlimited data is just as unhelpful as the statement "the old plan is more expensive and has less minutes" IF you don't know the usage habits of the person considering the change.

Not everyone would have the same answer of whether or not the new or old plan is the better choice as their data/minute needs are not necessarily the same.

For example, I am saving ~$100/month by being on the new plan vs the old plan AND still able to INCREASE my data usage 5 fold in the process if I see decide to do so. Currently I am paying $168/month for 4 smartphones and a 10 GB shared data allowance when I would have been paying over $250/month had I kept my unlimited data. That is a savings of $1200/year. For others who can't make do with 10 GB of shared data on 4 smartphone lines, the choice MAY have been different.Smiley Happy