Integrated Messaging?
stardoors

Every time I try to sign up for Integrated Messaging on my phone, I get an error message of "Failed to retrieve Security Code. Please try to connect again later by using the Subscribe option within the Settings screen." Does anyone know how to get this to work? I would prefer to text via my computer when I have the option, but then none of the messages I send via web are sync'd with my phone. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Integrated Messaging?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Integrated Messaging is a great way to keep connected when you don't always have access to your phone. Let's get to the bottom of your concerns. Do you get the error message when trying to sign up for Integrated Messaging online? I would suggest to install the application on your phone first then register online. To install the application on your phone tap on the Play store and search for Verizon Messages.

If you are getting the error message while trying to register for Verizon Messages directly from the app, please uninstall the application and reinstall.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
stardoors

Thank you for that! I did uninstall and reinstall, but unfortunately it still didn't work.

I turned off the notifications for my default messaging program and tried again, it finally integrated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stardoors,

I apologize for the problems encountered but thank you for the update. I’m glad you’re able to enjoy this great service now. Let us know if you need anything else.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kstofosho

i have the same problem on my galaxy s4. i use handcent instead of the stock messaging app. i turned off handcent text message notifications but that did not work for me. i have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

0 Likes
kstofosho

figured it out. had to uninstall handcent, subscribe to verizon messaging, and reinstall handcent.

0 Likes