Re: Incompatible charger for S5
Evan115

I have had the same problem only today with my S5 and my new S6 edge. Use the old S5 when this one is on the fritz or whatever. But today no matter what I plug the S5 in to it won't charge. Nothing new, no new water damage, or anything.  All chargers for tight, and charge the S6 edge. Not super important since I mainly use it for games and as a backup phone, but annoying none the less. Would like to resolve without having to buy an external charger

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Evan115, we want to ensure your device can charge. Is there any damage to the charging cord?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Evan115

No there is no damage to the cords. I have attempted to use several

different micro USB cords. Sometimes it charges for a few seconds then

gives the error message.

On May 13, 2016 10:38 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing that information Evan115. Have you tried using the different cables with the charging plug? Does the same thing happen when connected to a USB port in a computer?

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jasoncooper412

Same thing happened to me.  Tried everything.  Junk. 

And of course no company will stand behind their product.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jasoncooper412,

Your device should always charge with ease. Describe what is happening. What steps have we taken with you troubleshooting?

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GT2HEAD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently started having this problem. I take very good care of my device. No water damage, no drops and never used any other charger until this "incompatible charger" message appeared. I do know other people that have had no problem charging their S5 with other chargers.so I tried other chargers.Same message. I've read this entire thread. Verizon support you should do the same. You keep asking the same questions yet giving no answers. It"s [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].I called Verizon support spoke with a rep and was told that my charger was still under warranty my device is not of course, so they could send me a new charger at a cost of course.I know its not the charger. it's in perfect condition. Customers have been having this problem for a year now. Is it so much to ask for a fix instead of trying to sell us more junk that doesn't fix the issue??

JIMBELL08
Enthusiast - Level 1

This morning out of nowhere, my S5 decided that it didn't want to be compatible with my original charger.  It is frustrating, especially the fact that I have only 30% available, and I feel like it would be nice to actually have the customer support give us ideas of what we could do to fix the issue, and not just tell us how sorry they are.

I have done EVERYTHING that Customer service has asked of everyone, and it is not working still.

I need to figure this out sooner than later!

DMZMAN
Contributor - Level 1

Funny, I've had this problem with non-Verizon (generic) brand chargers ever since I did the Marshmallow upgrade last week