Re: Incompatible charger for S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jpg316

I can only imagine the frustration this charging issue has caused. I would love to help.

When did the problem with your device charger begin? Have you tried a different charger to see if the problem persists? What is your device’s current software version number: http://vz.to/1LeGnei? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
droidiot2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am suddenly having incompatable charger issues using the charger I have used for last 5 months.  Changing batteries does not help.  Need a solution soon.  Samsung S5., (model number SM-G900V), Build number LRx21T.G900VVRU2BOK3)

Look forward to the professional and accurate assistance that I have experienced in the past.

Best

David

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to charge your phone is definitely important so I understand your concern droidiot2. Let's get your phone powered up.

What happens when you attempt to charge the phone? Have you tried using a different charger? Has there been any damage to the phone or charging port? When did you start seeing this error message?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kschm

I'm having the same issues with my phone. Was anyone able to get this resolved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We certainly do not want you to experience this same issue kschm. Let's work together to get your device recognizing your charger. Ar eyou using the original manufactured charger as well? If so then is there any liquid/physical damage on the device or the charger?

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
greatsoftballplayer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Earlier this week I received a software upgrade and now my ORIGINAL charger is causing the incompatible message.  UGH. 

TnJM

Have had the same problem develop for past week or so, then today it stopped charging completely.  After some internet searching, I discovered that the charging port's tab was bent slightly and no longer centered in the port.  I used a toothpick to bend it back into position, and both my chargers now seem to be working properly.  Recommend giving that a try if you're experiencing this problem.

0 Likes
Mazin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a note 5, and my phone has been doing the same thing! Same notice on screen. I learned years ago to ONLY use the charger that comes with the phone, yet I have this problem! I went to the veizon store and not only did they blame it on my charger but talked me into a $60 wireless charger to solve the problem. Which turns out isn't even the Samsung charger!! They sold me the more expensive verizon charger which totally killed my phone to the point it wouldn't turn on or charge. And once I finally got a charge it takes approx 10 hrs to charge! Same issues..  The right thing for Verizon to do would be to acknowledge this is a Samsung issue and NOT try to profit off of their customers by SELLING us more chargers..especially when we are under a yr of owning and still paying on these expensive phones and plans. I have absolutely NO new apps or apps period besides the ones forced on me that I do not want by Verizon that update every time my phone gets a new update...very disappointed. I'd like my phone fixed and a replacement Samsung wall charger. I'd also like to able to return the $60 wireless charger I was talked into that I do not want!! It's frustrating to see these issues have been going on for a couple years now with Samsung devices, yet Verizon doesn't know what causes the issue??

Jajasan
Enthusiast - Level 1

So glad I found this thread, as i am experiencing the same issue. EVERY charger I use throws up the "incompatible charger" error. And before Verizon replies, yes I have tried my original Samsung charger, my Amazon Kindle charger, my stereo charger, and several others. And NO i have not doused it in gasoline and lit ablaze, nor has any wine, beer, juice, or liquid of any kind infultrated the charging port. And let me put your mind to ease as I have not dropped it or punted it over a bridge. This has been going on for 3 days now and the reason I know it's the DEVICE and not the charger or battery is that I have been trading batteries. I charge my battery with my Samsung charger in a different device and then swap (which is very tedious) back and forth. I called Verizon Tech support today and was instructed to do safe mode... no dice. So I backed up everything to my cloud and did a factory reset, and NOTHING. The tech told me he saw there was nothing wrong with my charger (as my phone was recognizing, just didn't "like" it).

He told me that since I am 1 year and 7 months into my contract (5 months away from upgrade) that I am unfortunately 7 months passed the warranty. Well, how convenient for them to make their warranty half as long as their contract... He asked me if I would like to upgrade early, WELL SURE WHY NOT.... here's the catch, they can't let me buy the phone and sign another 2 year... Id have to do their pay as you go which ends up costing more in the long run.

I'm so frustrated. I don't want to pay extra for a phone that I shouldn't even have to purchase. I don't want to use an old phone until September. I don't want to switch batteries twice a day from another device. I want the device I have to operate the way I purchased it and the way the manufacturer states it should, is that too much to ask?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jajasan, I can certainly understand your frustration. With our Device Payment option you actually receive a discount on your line of service which offsets the cost of the device. I'd like to ask, do you have insurance on your device?

DeannaL_VZW
VZWlow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes