If my Samsung-bought unlocked phone is damaged, do I get a Verizon locked phone as replacement?

My Galaxy S10+ was bought purposefully unlocked directly from Samsung.  It's warranteed under a Verizon protection plan.

If my phone is to be replaced, do I get an unlocked S10+ (with NO Verizon bootloader), or am I stuck with getting a locked phone as a replacement?  And if I am given an unlocked phone, is it an unlocked phone that still is using the Verizon bootloader?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: If my Samsung-bought unlocked phone is damaged, do I get a Verizon locked phone as replacement?

Leader

i believe you'll get a locked phone until it's paid for but since you didn't buy from veizon, good luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: If my Samsung-bought unlocked phone is damaged, do I get a Verizon locked phone as replacement?

Expert

You might want to go through Samsung directly with any warranty claims. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Ann154 wrote:

You might want to go through Samsung directly with any warranty claims. 

Sure, but I'm talking about out of warranty stuff.  There's a family discount to have all our phones covered under Verizon that I cannot get through Samsung because some of them are iPhones.

So if Verizon is what's covering things:

1. Do I get an unlocked phone.

2. And if unlocked, does it still have the Verizon bootloader?  That's the biggest problem because it simply cannot be removed.

0 Likes
Highlighted

it will most likely be locked.  the best way to find out is to read the terms and conditions of the contract for the insurance plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Every time I try to read one of those things, I think it says something different.  😕

I wonder if break my phone and get it repaired (out of pocket) at a 3rd party shop, if I can then make a claim against the warranty...

0 Likes
Covid19