Re: If Nougat is no where nearby, why not release the Security updates at the least?
DAVTHO34
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you kidding? This is Verizon we are talking about.  Those other companies tend to care

about the customers they do have and are willing to update their phones.  I think we wont get the update until the S8 date is close by.  They have to sell those phones... If you get the update now.. some my not update to a newer phone.  Thanks Verizon for thinking of profits vise loyal customers

Re: If Nougat is no where nearby, why not release the Security updates at the least?
MATT_G325
Enthusiast - Level 1

T-mobile and at&t have both rolled out the update.   If verizon actually cared about their customers they would spend their time sending their customers nougat instead of having stupid twitter wars with the companies that are actually sending updates out.  A win on Twitter is worth losing customers.

radar320
Contributor - Level 2

At&t also just started pushing out the 7.0 update.  Once again Verizon will be the last one to the party.

0 Likes
radar320
Contributor - Level 2

I wonder where the security updates are for all Verizon devices.  I have a galaxy tab S2 tablet that hasn't received a security update since May 2016.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The manufacturer has to decide if it's worth it to write the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jeffyboy65
Contributor - Level 1

Sprint got their update....

0 Likes
LOONEY2388
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Ann154

Samsung has already gave the nougat update to Verizon and every other carrier a long time ago. Verizon just put their bloatware in the firmware and it's up to Verizon to release the update, not Samsung.

Now why does the Verizon Galaxy S7/S7 edge not have nougat update yet? This is unacceptable and their hasn't been a security update since Oct 1st 2016. Quit lagging and release the update already. Quit making excuses

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No they haven't. Verizon doesn't touch the code. Samsung writes it completely. Each carrier variant has a separate team and update track.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JSWARTCH

If Verizon didn't require their bloatware to be included in the OS, we'd be able to get Nougat. The S7 & S7 Edge are all made with the same components as the other carriers. It is Verizon that has to "test" their updates on all devices. Unfortunately, I've been with Verizon for more than 15 years (yeah - not so smart), and they have always been the last carrier to provide the latest and greatest updates to their phones.

Not acceptable in my view. No wonder Sprint & T-Mobile are gaining market share. I should have switch carriers when I had the chance. Dang.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then switch. No one is stopping you.

0 Likes