If I buy an S7 from another source, how will I know that it will work with my Verizon account? Does it have to be CDMA, or GSM, or either, or both?
jebldmm

My wife is thinking about buying me an S7 to replace my S6 that we bought from a Verizon dealer about two or three years ago. But she's thinking of getting this new one from a non-Verizon source. That's fine with me. I just want to make sure it works with Verizon when we get it.

0 Likes
Re: If I buy an S7 from another source, how will I know that it will work with my Verizon account? Does it have to be CDMA, or GSM, or either, or both?
rcschnoor
Legend

It has to be the Verizon version of the device which has CDMA, although you can purchase the Verizon version of the phone from another source.

Re: If I buy an S7 from another source, how will I know that it will work with my Verizon account? Does it have to be CDMA, or GSM, or either, or both?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A working phone is essential. We understand the urgent need to replace an older device. Tell us the reason you're considering buying the phone from a 3rd party. Keep in mind that checking the device id before making the purchase is crucial. Use this link to check the Device ID to see if it can be activated on our network: http://vz.to/2BlLrgR. - Sherita

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Tell us the reason you're considering buying the phone from a 3rd party.

Why should the reason matter. Why can't you simply answer the question put forth???? Verizon sells from 3rd parties ALL THE TIME. Verizon has agreements with Apple, Google, Best Buy, not to mention the THOUSANDS of premium retailers out there. If you don't want people to purchase from 3rd parties, end your affiliations with those entities.

Either way, the BIGGEST reason why anyone would purchase from a 3rd party is because items purchased directly from Verizon are ALMOST ALWAYS more expensive than any other retail outlet. So, to answer YOUR question the reason is most likely COST.