I want to cancel visual voice mail. I did not order it and I do not want it. It was slammed to my account, and now I cannot use normal voice mail. I WANT THIS OFF NOW.
JJAC2843
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chat is not working, and VZW does not offer a useful email option. So I need to go this route to complain and to get rid of this service. I have learned that the regular voice mail does not work as long as this one is on the plan, so THIS IS URGENT. GET IT OFF MY ACCOUNT.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want to cancel visual voice mail. I did not order it and I do not want it. It was slammed to my account, and now I cannot use normal voice mail. I WANT THIS OFF NOW.
Not applicable

*611 from your device. Or 1-800-922-0204 from any other phone like a landline.

Press option 4 and then say agent about 3 or 4 times

Or log in to your My Verizon Web Portal and under features simply unchecked visual voicemail.

But only calling will get your money back.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Re: I want to cancel visual voice mail. I did not order it and I do not want it. It was slammed to my account, and now I cannot use normal voice mail. I WANT THIS OFF NOW.
Not applicable

*611 from your device. Or 1-800-922-0204 from any other phone like a landline.

Press option 4 and then say agent about 3 or 4 times

Or log in to your My Verizon Web Portal and under features simply unchecked visual voicemail.

But only calling will get your money back.

Good Luck

JJAC2843
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so the phone call worked, but nothing else did. There was no checkmark that could find, but basically the Verizon web site is so lame I can't use it at all. Thanks for your help and also to B33.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Glad it worked out. Always glad to assist

ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Even with visual voice mail you can still dial *86 to access regular voice mail.  Then just delete the visual voice mail after you have heard the message.  If you delet the visual voice mail first then the message will not be available when you call *86.

0 Likes
JJAC2843
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear ponyruns

My regular email was not accessible until after this visual thing was turned off. Not only that, but once I called and had it successfully removed I found that my password no longer worked. So I had to call back to have my pw reset. So this whole business has been a horrible mess, even though all the personnel have been excellent.

0 Likes
ponyruns
Contributor - Level 3

Well that does sound frustrating!! Sorry.

0 Likes