I want the lollipop update, but my phone is active with page plus. Would I have to have an active verizon sim in the phone for it to update?
forrestmj
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone will not update. Not sure if it's because I dont have an active verizon sim. Can I get some help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I want the lollipop update, but my phone is active with page plus. Would I have to have an active verizon sim in the phone for it to update?
Snn5
Legend

Having a Verizon SIM in a Verizon phone with Verizon service would be the easiest, but its possible to use the Kies service program to update the phone as well.  IDK if you can use the Verizon software upgrade assistant or not if you arent a customer since I believe it goes through Verizon.  Worth a shot though.  Try wifi as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I want the lollipop update, but my phone is active with page plus. Would I have to have an active verizon sim in the phone for it to update?
Snn5
Legend

Having a Verizon SIM in a Verizon phone with Verizon service would be the easiest, but its possible to use the Kies service program to update the phone as well.  IDK if you can use the Verizon software upgrade assistant or not if you arent a customer since I believe it goes through Verizon.  Worth a shot though.  Try wifi as well.

0 Likes
forrestmj
Enthusiast - Level 2

How much would it be for me to get service on verizon? I need the cheapest thing to just to get the update. Also, where can I find the Kies program?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I surely wouldnt sign up for service just to get an update.  You would have to go prepaid and BYOD.  That's $50 for the first month and SIM.  You can download Kies from Samsung's site.  http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/

0 Likes
forrestmj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try the kies.