I've done the hard reset twice. Battery life improved but still have issues with wifi
BCAES

My S5 was a great phone until the Lollipop update.  Have called Verizon Tech service for assistance and have done a hard reset.  Phone is under warranty, a replacement with a refurbished phone has been offered.  I don't want a refurbished phone.  Did hard reset again and seems that battery life has improved.  But, I still have wifi connection issues.  When will that be fixed?  Who is responsible for the failed update?  Is it Verizon, Samsung, or Android.  It has gone long enough.  Do something...Please!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: I've done the hard reset twice. Battery life improved but still have issues with wifi
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No one has any offical answers on the update. Unofficially I saw by the end of July.

If you'd like help trouble shooting your current issues please let us know.

I noticed you said you have fast battery drain, got to: Settings>Battery and take a couple screen shots after your battery level drops to around 50% or tell us the top 5 apps and the % of battery they are using.

0 Likes
Re: I've done the hard reset twice. Battery life improved but still have issues with wifi
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Oh, and what sort of Wi-Fi connection problems are you experiencing? Error message?

0 Likes
BCAES

Hi MiiHere.

Thank you very much for your response.  The WiFi connection issues I have is that the phone doesn't connect and then I have to retry again. Or it is very slow.  Many times apps or internet will not load on my phone until I turn off the wifi.  Then I have to use data just to download from internet or to get an app to work correctly.  Very frustrating.  Before the update, phone worked great.  My warranty expires at the end of August.  Do you think the update will really happen in July?  I just read online that this month Verizon is releasing the 5.1.1 to fix the Samsung Note.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

In regards to the wi-fi is it at home you have trouble connecting? Have you gone to a Starbucks to try and connect to theirs? Friends house? What happens when you try various other wi-fi connections?

I haven't read any other news on the update, but if after you troubleshoot you don't find a resolution you'll have time to use the manufacture warranty.

0 Likes