I upgraded from Iphone4 to Galaxy S4 and not receiving text messages from Iphones.
ManuelRazo

I upgraded from Iphone4 to Galaxy S4 and not receiving text messages from Iphones.I went to https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do and unregistered my old iPhone to resolve the issue. It's been one day and I cannot recieve text messages from Iphones

0 Likes
Re: I upgraded from Iphone4 to Galaxy S4 and not receiving text messages from Iphones.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new S4!
It sounds like the other iPhones are still recognizing your phone as an iPhone & is trying to send it as an iMessage. Can you do me a favor and have one of your iPhone friends delete & re-add you as a contact in the phone & then test it again.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I upgraded from Iphone4 to Galaxy S4 and not receiving text messages from Iphones.
ManuelRazo

We tried that also and it did not work...

0 Likes
dragonfireheart

I found the solution on Android Central.  You just need to disable iMessage on your old phone.  I was having the same problem I send texts out but the responses showed up on the iPhone.  On your iPhone go to settings > messages then turn off iMessage. When I did that I started getting the texts. Hope this helps

0 Likes
Rgadson

I have the same issue but have already left my of iphone with Verizon.  I had imessage disabled when I had the phone.  Could there be another issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rgadson, I want you to be able to receive all of your text messages!  Which iPhone did you have previously, 4, 4S or 5?  And what model phone did you switch to?  Are you able to send texts okay?  And is this only happening when other iPhone users are trying to text you?  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RRizzo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing with me and I don't have the old iPhone. Verizon wipes out old phones you turn into them anyway so it shouldn't even matter if iPhone message was on. I went to the Apple Support page and de-registered all of my old Apple products and it's STILL not working. I am furious and Verizon needs to fix this. I know it's an Apple issue and they should really address this but Verizon and/or Samsung need to communicate with Apple more efficiently to get this resolved. Otherwise I'm switching phones and carrier. This is unacceptable.

rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon wiping out old phones would have nothing to do with it. The phone is no longer associated with the number, so wiping the phone would have no effect. It is your Apple ID which is the problem. You have iMessage turned on for your Apple ID. iPhones which have your Apple ID associated with your contact will send texts to your Apple ID, not your phone #. If you have another Apple device which can use iMessage, you could turn off iMessage in that device, but as long as your friends have your Apple ID associated with your contact and you have turned on iMessage in an Apple device and never turned it off before switching from an Apple device to another platform, you will have this problem.

You can bet that Apple will not address the problem, as they don't see it as a problem if someone is using a phone other than an iPhone. Apple expects no one will ever switch away from an iPhone once one has been used. Therefore, no problem for them to address.

The problem lies with Apple wanting their users to go through yet another proprietary interface, iMessage, which the MAJORITY of all smartphone users do not have access.

0 Likes
RRizzo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I FIGURED IT OUT!

It's because of the new Apple iOs7 operating system. Just read about it.

If you upgraded to the iOs7 operating system, the update is switching text messaging off for some users, even if they had it enabled on the old operating system, This means anyone you write to who doesn't have an iPhone WON'T receive your texts. Go to Settings>Messaging and click the Send as SMS button to ON (make the button green).

SO that means all of your friends with iPhones don't even realize they have to manually make this setting change. This will become a HUGE problem for Apple if they don't fix it ASAP.

0 Likes
jdyment
Enthusiast - Level 2

Been dealing with this issue for days now.  Total waste of time.  I called Apple and they knew exactly the problem.  Three ways of solving it, 2 of which require you to have the old iPhone (which I don't have given I've traded it in).  Unregistering the phone number doesn't work.  Resetting the password for your apple account(s) works for some as it wipes out the original apple ID, but some others have had no success.  So I would try that.  But according to Apple, without the phone, there is only one other way of disabling iMessage so that messages that are sent to you from iPhones get to your new non-iPhone.  And that is to wait 45 days for the entire system to clear your imessage account.  Yes, you heard me right, wait 45 days.  So my solution is simple.  If you are within a 15 day window, go back to the store, trade in my S4 for a new iPhone 5.  Then disable iMessage before trading it back.  It will cost you $35 for each restock and there is no guarantee it will work when you trade back to the S4, but it might be worth a shot.  I might have to trade back to the iPhone 5 and keep it for a year or so.  Worse things have happened. 

0 Likes