I too suffer from the update from HELL
fedupwithvzw

Upon installing the update for my Galaxy SIII the phone was updated to a PAPERWEIGHT!  Here are the following problems after the update: battery life shortened dramatically, all apps slow, all operations slow (opening key board, opening contacts answering calls), now even my wifi is slow and multiple cases of freezing up especially when typing with the original keyboard (no third party app).  After going to my local verizon store and explaining the issues with the phone after the update he acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. As if I had told him my phone had grown legs and  learned how to drive a car.  He told me all I needed to do was make sure all of my apps were updated and the battery life would suddenly return to normal.  Well weeks later with apps updated and me constantly turning off/fully closing apps the battery life is still horrible and all the other problems still occurring.  After paying this much for a high tech phone and "great" phone service this update has made them useless.  If verizon does not fix this issue I will gladly find a new provider and new phone. Verizon should have not released this update since there were clearly tons of major issues.

0 Likes
Re: I too suffer from the update from HELL
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

I wish that I had answers to give you, but it seems that these problems vary from user to user and from device to device. Clearly, Verizon and Samsung and Google (collectively and individually) failed miserably in designing, testing, approving, and releasing the 4.3 update to us. No one will fault you for hanging it up and moving on to other options... it's your money, time, and personal satisfaction that's at stake here as it is for us all. I'm going on 13 years with Verizon and I, personally, don't have a greater confidence in any of the other carriers regardless of the current money-carrot they're all dangling in front of our eyes as a desperate attempt to lure customers from their competitors. My advice is to document everything clearly and simply, and to continue presenting your complaints to Verizon. It's still the old boy squeeky-wheel-gets-the-grease attitude with all of these companies. Best regards and never give up.

0 Likes