I see others using their mobile device on the subway yet I can't use mine. I was told to go to settings and turn on my mobile data but then this ended up taking me over my mobile data minutes. How can I also access the internet,fb etc without having to us
Lindaconeja

I see others using their mobile devices on the subway yet I can't use mine. I was told by verizon to turn my mobile data on but this made my mobile data minutes go over the usage. What can I do to be able to access the internet.

0 Likes
Re: I see others using their mobile device on the subway yet I can't use mine. I was told to go to settings and turn on my mobile data but then this ended up taking me over my mobile data minutes. How can I also access the internet,fb etc without having t
Not applicable

You turn on WIFI not cellular/mobile data.

You must connect to the network used on the trains.

Depending on how many people are connected it may be slow. and it will cut out at times.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: I see others using their mobile device on the subway yet I can't use mine. I was told to go to settings and turn on my mobile data but then this ended up taking me over my mobile data minutes. How can I also access the internet,fb etc without having t
bearone21
Legend

well unless the subway is providing free wi-fi, the folks you see using their phones are using data with whomever their phone service is with.

0 Likes
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Like others have said the other people may be using mobile data as opposed to wi-fi. If you're not shy you could ask one or more of those people if they're connecting to wi-fi or mobile data. You could also ask subway employees if there is free wi-fi. If there is they may be able to tell you more about it (ex: if its open, or if there is a password). You could also install an app like wi-fi analyzer that shows you all the networks your phone detects in range, whether they are open or not, and what their signal strength is so you know what connection options you have.

0 Likes