I recently shattered my new galaxy s7 and got a new one but cannot activate it. The phone number it gives me to activate it says it is already activated. Please help me
SQUANTO_7

I recie my new phone in the mail and have been following the activation instructions but when it says to call a number to activate it the number says my phone is already activated and ready to use.  But it does not work.  What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: I recently shattered my new galaxy s7 and got a new one but cannot activate it. The phone number it gives me to activate it says it is already activated. Please help me
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you send your old phone back?

0 Likes
Re: I recently shattered my new galaxy s7 and got a new one but cannot activate it. The phone number it gives me to activate it says it is already activated. Please help me
mama23dogs
Legend

You should have retained your SIM card to install in the new phone.  If you didn't send your broken phone back yet, pop open the SIM drawer and swap the SIM card.

You should use Samsung switch to move your data and apps.

The S7 also came with a data transfer adapter.

bearone21
Legend

turn off the old phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SQUANTO_7-

It is essential that we get your new phone to activate as soon as possible. Have you powered off both phones? Are you using a new Sim card? Please respond to my private message at your earliest convenience.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes