I have data charges posted throughout the night, when phone is not in use..wi-fi is on but something is still using my data amount
Geeeman12

Anyone know possible reasons why my data is being used all during the night on my S5? Wi-fi is on in the house, and usage is verry small, but every 10 minutes.

0 Likes
Re: I have data charges posted throughout the night, when phone is not in use..wi-fi is on but something is still using my data amount
pattyk999

Same thing happened with my son's IPhone. We also have xbox and for some reason, his phone would turn off from our wifi and over to Verizon network... While he was asleep. We incurred several $100 dollars in overage fees, which we had to pay. Verizon had no suggestions.  My son would have to remember to manually turn off data and turn on wifi each time he entered the house.

0 Likes
Re: I have data charges posted throughout the night, when phone is not in use..wi-fi is on but something is still using my data amount
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

First thing that comes to mind is a virus.  Download latest operating system, put a password on your phone, install a virus protection like Norton Mobile are just a few suggestions.  If you do have a password change it.

Hope this helps?

Dee

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

mobile data is selected & you're having the wi-fi sleep at night, data is being used for updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Geeeman12,

I am sorry to hear about your device connecting to data when it is suppose to be connected to Wifi. Have you noticed if you have applications on your device that are updating at night? Does the data usage show consistently every night? Do you have back up assistant stored on your device? Please place your device into "Safe Mode" at night and see if the data usage continues http://vz.to/1hXIx6l 

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes