I have an SIII and will be traveling out of the country. Do I need to get a micro SIM card ? (I was told that Verizon has them for free but it needs to be set up and there was a charge for this.
scotth627

I have a Samsung SIII and will be traveling out of the country. Do I need to get a micro SIM card instaslled for international ?  I was told Verizon has them free for customers but that it needs to be "sert up". Also, are there alternatives to going through the verizon data plan (which is very expensive.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have an SIII and will be traveling out of the country. Do I need to get a micro SIM card ? (I was told that Verizon has them for free but it needs to be set up and there was a charge for this.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone already has a micro SIM card in the device so it can connect to the VZW network. You will need an international plan from VZW if you intend to use that SIM card. Otherwise you can get a new SIM card from the local carrier and setup the phone for global use with a separate APN with that carrier's specific information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have an SIII and will be traveling out of the country. Do I need to get a micro SIM card ? (I was told that Verizon has them for free but it needs to be set up and there was a charge for this.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone already has a micro SIM card in the device so it can connect to the VZW network. You will need an international plan from VZW if you intend to use that SIM card. Otherwise you can get a new SIM card from the local carrier and setup the phone for global use with a separate APN with that carrier's specific information.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes