I have a Samsung Galaxy Stellar 4 GB first time user. I have a question about ringtones.
davisjames1956

My basic smart phone before the Samsung was a LG touch cell. What I liked best about that phone was the ringtone. It would call out (voice) the name of the person calling or sending a text. I can't find this feature on the Samsung. Does anyone know if this cell has the capabilites of a verbal announcement ringtone for names on my contact list? Since it doesn't appear to be on the selection list for ringtones, is there an app I can download to add it to my Samsung for incoming texts or phone calls? I'm starting to like this new cell but I miss the verbal ringtone announcement.

0 Likes
Re: I have a Samsung Galaxy Stellar 4 GB first time user. I have a question about ringtones.
JWDragair
Enthusiast - Level 3

To my knowledge, there's nothing built in on the phone itself, though I could be wrong. On my DROID RAZR M there is a way you can have the phone announce calls and text messages, so it's possible to do. I would look in the Google Play store to see if there's a free app that can do this for you, or see if you can find in the phone "app" some settings for announcing callers