I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Since the last update I get no service and no router conection until I do a shutdown restart. I must do this several times a day. Today I got the message from Verizon that says SIM CARD NOT FROM VERIZON.
larrh7

This phone is from Verizon and I have not put another SIM card in it. I've had it over a year. Since the update things keep getting worse.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Since the last update I get no service and no router conection until I do a shutdown restart. I must do this several times a day. Today I got the message from Verizon that says SIM CARD NOT FROM VERIZON.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Updates are meant to improve your device larrh7. I regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with your phone after the update. Do you get this error message only when trying to access certain applications or only when trying to make a call? Are you able to receive phone calls ok?  Do you have a lot of third party applications installed on your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Since the last update I get no service and no router conection until I do a shutdown restart. I must do this several times a day. Today I got the message from Verizon that says SIM CARD NOT FROM VERIZON.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello larrh7! I regret what's been happening with your S4. I'd like to help you stop that behavior. Have you performed any resets of the device? If you have, can you describe the steps you took and how long ago you did it?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

While they are asking all right right questions, a simple thing to do would be to go to a Verizon store (not an authorized dealer like best buy etc) and just ask for a new Sim card.

0 Likes