I don't receive new email or facebook posts when I am not on my home WiFi.
Jonigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

It worked fine until two weeks ago.  I am afraid to change anything and mess it up.  I am a new user and this S5 is totally different than my four year old Blackberry.

Re: I don't receive new email or facebook posts when I am not on my home WiFi.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi John,

That's not good! Emails and applications are important. Have you set the applications to only work over Wi-fi? Do you receive an error message when you attempt to receive your emails or access Facebook when the cellular data is turned "on"?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Jonigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I uninstalled Facebook and reinstalled it at home via WiFi and it is now working away from home. The email still won't receive new emails except at home. I am going to try to uninstall and reinstall my email account this evening. If that does not work, I will try my local Verizon store and hope there is not a long line like last night. I don't know why they quit working away from home.

Thanks for your response.

BTW, My name is Joni not John.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jonigh,

I am very glad to hear that you Facebook is working again as it should. What type of email account are you not receiving emails from if you are not connected to Wifi? Are you able to manually sync your emails when you are not connectedt to Wifi? Please go to your email account, Tap of the 3 dots to the top right>Choose settings>Tap on More Settings>Make sure Download only via Wifi is not checked.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jonigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did check the settings and the box was not checked. I uninstalled Facebook then reinstalled and it seems to be working as it should. I went to the local Verizon store and they uninstalled and reinstalled the Yahoo email app. It worked for a little while then this morning, again it did not update. I don't know what I did but I was able to hit refresh and it finally updated. Now, it is frozen in the update mode. I am going to try to reload the app again and see what happens. For the first two months I have had this phone there has not been a problem with any apps.

0 Likes