I cannot lock my Galaxy 6!
srs1983

I have tried every option, but my phone will not lock.  My new Galaxy 6 is great BUT I have to have my phone locked.  I work at a bank and it is required for people who have email on their personal phone.  I have tried the following to lock my phone, but it always defaults back to swipe to unlock:

• Default theme
    • PIN
    • FINGERPRINT
    • PATTERN
  • New theme
    • PIN
    • FINGERPRINT
      PATTERN

All default back to swipe.  The New Theme Pattern worked the longest (two or three times) in a row, but defaulted back.

I have tried resetting all time outs and any other options the internet has told me to try but with no luck.

I have NOT tried SAFE mode, because I do not know how to do that.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot lock my Galaxy 6!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

srs1983, the security of your personal information on your device is a priority. Are you locking your device by tapping Settings> Lock Screen & Security>Screen Lock type>Secure Lock Settings. Tap Lock automatically and then select the time desired for your device to lock. Tap Lock instantly with power key switch to turn on On indicator. Tap Smart Lock.

For more device support, click http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

srs1983, the security of your personal information on your device is a priority. Are you locking your device by tapping Settings> Lock Screen & Security>Screen Lock type>Secure Lock Settings. Tap Lock automatically and then select the time desired for your device to lock. Tap Lock instantly with power key switch to turn on On indicator. Tap Smart Lock.

For more device support, click http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
srs1983

I took it into the Verizon Store and they were stumped as well.  Told me to take it home and do a factor reset and bring it back if I was still having problems.  Reset it, and while I was doing so, I noticed the description for the Smart Lock.  I have two TrackR tiles synched up to my phone, and I believe they were pinging my phone, telling it that it was ok to be unlocked.

I did a test by taking my phone into another part of the building and it locked automatically.

Problem solved.

Is there a way to turn off the Smart Lock (if I want it to lock ALL THE TIME?)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Srs1983, let’s get your device set up exactly as you would like. In order to have the device lock every time it not in use either the Pattern, PIN, or Fingerprint options would allow for this to be completed. As you said that it automatically defaults back to the Swipe method is concerning. If you put the device into Safe Mode with the following instructions: http://vz.to/1XBQoIE Then after this we can go to Settings, Lock Screen, then select one of the listed lock options, does this remain as the only method to unlock the device after further testing? If so, can you then attempt to power the device off then back on and further test as this will then take the device out of Safe Mode.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes