I can't send or receive text messages on wifi.
MERHOL82

I can't send or receive txt messages while on wifi.  Wifi works . . . I can use the internet.  Messages just won't go out or come through until I have cellular service.  I use messages+.  Can anyone help??

0 Likes
Re: I can't send or receive text messages on wifi.
bearone21
Legend

i've never been able to send text/pic messages over wi-fi only with the last 3 samsung's!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MERHOL82,

We definitely want you to be able to send and receive text messages on Wi-Fi. Let's work together to come to a resolution.

Please provide further details: Is cellular service available in your home? Do you have cellular data disabled on your device?

What type of messages are you attempting to send over Wi-Fi? Is it all messages, or to and from a particular user? Have you attempted to use any other Messaging apps and sned/receive over Wi-Fi?

Colin H_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of staying connected on the right network, MERHOL82. While in Message+ please make sure Integrated Messaging is enabled via Menu>Settings>Integrated Messaging.

0 Likes
jamlive

Having this issue as well.  Cellular data works fine in my house, and other places where I am on Wifi and can't send/receive texts.  I can stand in the exact same spot, turn off Wifi and the text will send.  I looked for the integrated messaging option mentioned above but couldn't find it.  Possible that was for an old version of the app?  Messaging on other apps such as Facebook messenger works fine over Wifi.  Just not Message+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to send messages over Wi-Fi is very convenient, we are sorry to see you are having trouble. Are you only having trouble with the Messages+ application? Have you tried connecting to different Wi-Fi connections?  GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
Mjmcalister22

I can't either worked fine for 2 months now stopped. Reseting everything does nothing. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes